Sign in to follow this  

Thunder Alley: How loud, really?

Can anyone tell me how loud the Thunder Alley complete exhaust system is in real world decibles? I have read many comments about "real loud" and was wondering what that is exactly. How about with the sparky, and again with the quiet core. I'm very interested, but being in CA, I've got sound issues to deal with when I'm not riding the track. Thanks all.

i have the TA and with the spark arrestor installed... I doubt I will be passing any sound tests. Not sure what the actual reading is though. I don't have a quiet core for comparison.

I'd call Bob and ask him for actual numbers

I have a TA on my 426 without the insert and it is loud as $hit but not nearly as loud as the Jemco that was on my 450. I would say the TA is about 103-105db and the Jemco is easily 110+. Even with the insert in the TA it is still around 98-100db

I just tried the TA pipe today, Im guessing it has the SA installed, looks like a fan blade in the core? Is that something I can take out and is there a performance gain without it?

I had a D&D on my DRZ400. That pipe was LOUD. I got it free being that they used my bike as a prototype.

I currently have a FMF Titanium on my '02 CRF and it sounds nice.....not real loud but definately noticeable.

A friend of mine had a TA on his 426 and that baby was LOUD as well.....but not as loud as the D&D.