Sign in to follow this  

Brake Light Stuck On - Any Suggestions ?

Went for a 100 mile ride yesterday and when I got back I noticed that my brake light was stuck on. When I press on the front or rear brake nothing happens - the light just stays on bright. What sends the signal to the brake light to turn on. Any one else have this problem? 😢

Check the rear brake light switch. I had a rock bend mine just far enough so that the adj rod on the brake lever would not contact, thus leaving the brake light on.

Yep,

Same thing happened to mine although mine must've happened after a get off. The screw on the base of the brake switch was somehow adjusted up against the contact thus preventing the light from going off. Easy fix, I unscrewed the bolt til it stopped touching. 😢

same thing for me. I only noticed when i changed my brake light. Mine wasnt bent or miss adjusted but my rear brake lever sticks just before it returns to rest position. try pulling up on it. I havent messed with it yet to see what it is that makes it stick, probably lack of grease. 😢

Yes, i have that problem with the rear brake light switch, I had to re-adjust a few times.

Check for dirt around the switch, another good spot for WD40 usage btw 😢

well i had the same problem but from the front lever the acebis gaurds stop the lever from fully pressing against the switch so brake light stay on, i fixed it by taking a utility knife and shaving a bit from the gaurd and for extra meassure i gave the bit that hits the switch a couple of clouts with a hammer, a crude method but did the job 😢

Same problem here. My rear brake lever sticks and doesn't come all the way up. Just pull up on it with your heel.

Same problem here. My rear brake lever sticks and doesn't come all the way up. Just pull up on it with your heel.

You definately have corrosion problems with that one 😢

Seriously though it is not good to have that light stuck on especially on the street, there are enough inattentive car drivers out there talking on cell phones etc.

When stopping at lights and stop signs its good to make that rear light flash at them, watch your mirror, don't be a sandwich filler, stay safe.