Sign in to follow this  

ORVs on fire roads?

Can ORVs be ridden on fire roads, or can only street licensed vehicles ride on them? :cry: Thanks.

depends where you are at. some DNR and BLM land it is legal to ride non-plated ORVs on the road. most forest service land it is illegal.

if you have a full tank of gas and some skill, you can ride anywhere with out a plate :cry: :cry:

HA!!! That takes me back to the good old days of running from security trucks and the local county mounty up in the hills! :cry: :cry:

I was told by the forest service that you could ride on any gravel road , if there is a road that they dont want you to ride then there will be a sign on it. I was also told that there were recent changes made to alot of rules .

laws may change by state so check for sure.

Basically, its OK, except forest service roads, you need a plate. Now forest service roads that are no longer maintained are classified as trails and an ORV is legal on those. Now some unmaitained is abvious, they degrade fast, ir washout, slides etc, some look like maintained roads, so you be the judge? :cry:

"if you have a full tank of gas and some skill, you can ride anywhere with out a plate"

Yep, ruin it for the rest of us who follow the rules! :cry: