Sign in to follow this  

Rubber boots on Front Forks

I must say that I think the rubber boots on the front forks are a little thorn that could use shearing on an other wise nice rose. I know they serve the purpose of deflecting dirt, but I noticed the Kx 65s'& Rm 65s'which do not have inverted forks come without the dust boots which make them vulnerable, but they've held up nicely. Experienced TTr owners do you think the forks will hold up nicely without them? My bikes are cleaned after every single ride and maintained meticulously. Opinions please.

Im not going to take mine off. Not sure if it will hurt, but it cant hurt anything (except your style) if you leave them on.

take them off. Then sell them to me for cheap. :cry:

I bought seal savers and there so bad Im not even going to waste time taking off the forks to put that junk on.

If you dont want your fork boots, il buy them.

Not necessarily interested in selling the boots; some riding conditions dictate some protection can be good so before going into a questionable riding area, I'd put them on. By and large, I run my ttr125 on a minimotocross track where a lot of pitbikes mixed it up for fun. :cry: Track conditions are usually hard pack and loamy/dusty in the corners. Should be okay, any out there ran without boots for an extended time?

I ran mine without the boots for about a year before i sold it.It held up fine.Just remember if you go riding on rocks just putem bakc on.

one of mine are ripped a little bit, i dont think it would be a problem if you took it off, but i would leave it on just incase.

What can riding on rocks, say in a riverbed, do to the shocks that riding on a trail or on a track can't? I noticed most ttr owners don't bother taking them off because they feel the shocks will go bad, but like I said earlier the kx65 & rm65 are holding up and the design is very similar???

Over here in PA we have big rocks that jut up.It you crash on one of them generally nothing will happen but if you crash just right the rock will scratch the upper fork tube which will cause the fork to leak.I say just take em off and if you want to be cautious buy some sealsavers.