Sign in to follow this  

CRF250X QUESTIONS? *DELETED*

Well my wife rides a 75 Husky 400WR. That is what I would suggest! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

The 250X owners manual has two service schedules in it; one for racers and one for recreational riders. I am a recreational rider and I have not had any problems with my 250X. It is a great bike and a blast to ride. And the electric start is wonderful. Only time will tell how durable the bike is, but I don't expect to have nearly the maintenance issues that those that push their bikes harder might have. Regular maintenance is a must, but I don't expect to be changing valves and pistons regularly.

I own a 250X and ride an xr400 regularly, and while they are both great bikes, they are night and day. 250X has perhaps the best suspension for fast (or slow) trail riding on the market. Simply magical. I can't believe how fast I can go and how easy it is to ride. Motor has plenty of pull. I have about 300 miles on mine with zero problems except that it is fragile. Get the radiator and motor guards and grind down the brake pedal. E start is why I bought the thing!

XR400 has a great motor, old school suspension and can be a bear to start cold or hot. It feels and is heavy, but it can do anything.

Well, the 400wr would be great, but thats my play bike. The gals do trails, some desert and Baja roads. Riding level would be novice to intermediate riders.