Sign in to follow this  

Suspension loading

What's the best technique(s) for loading your suspension for a low speed and a high speed obstacle?

Stay seated until the front wheel clears a jump &/or pulling up on the bars to a wheelie if no 'takeoff' available, abruptly stand while forcing weight on the pegs, blip throttle as you stand, unweight the pegs (essentially jumping off the bike). Works most of the time.

So just doing the natural thing, (standing up), when coming to an obstacle is enough. :cry: Here I thought there was some mysterious button that I haven't found.

Thanks for the input fellas. :cry:

I would be intersted on more information on this topic.

I apparently have the finesse of a rhino. Heavy bike and a heavy guy. I eather plow through or try to lift the front end using the throttle.

Does this sound correct? Prior to obstacle, compress the suspension and then use its rebound to aid in clearing the obstacle or to aid in lightening the front end?

Does this sound correct? Prior to obstacle, compress the suspension and then use its rebound to aid in clearing the obstacle or to aid in lightening the front end?

Yep.

What i try to do is stand up and then sort of jump on the pegs. Not litterally but squat quickly and then stand right back up (while pulling up on the bars and rolling on the throttle if you are trying to get the front wheel up).