Sign in to follow this  

04 CRF250R

I know, been posted 1000 times already. I've been looking for back-posts as a reference but haven't found anything that makes me very comfortable yet.

So here goes James,

04 CRF250R Backfire screen removed, Bills pipe header and exhaust.

Installed JD Jet Kit with 175 main and red needle clip #3 (if I remember right).

Is this a good baseline to start with?

I think you might be too rich on the main jet.Im in new jersey and when it is hot i stick with stock 160 or go to 165.Red needle ofcoarse.Now it is getting cold here i went to a 170. Rule of thumb someone correct me if im wrong,when it is hot or humid lower in the main and when it gets cooler a higher main.

Yes, it may be richer than desired for Florida conditions. Ride it a while, then try a #170 and compare. The difference should help you decide which suits your riding conditions.

Thanks,

James

Having the needle at clip 3 should be a good baseline to start with then for the mods I currently have?

I will try the 170 Main when I get a chance to ride again. It currently runs fairly well other than a death bog coming out of corners if I crack the throttle too hard.

Jetting is such an unknown for me. :cry:

Fred,

The kit needle is normally set on #5, try #4 when you use the smaller main jet(instead of the #3). When you mentioned a bog, the clip position immediately comes to mind in this case.

James