Rode Deer Springs Yesterday. Going again Wed 10/20/04. MORE RAIN!!!!

Went to Deer Springs w/ Weeee e yesterday and had a blast. ? Big puddles everywhere and the dirt was hooking up like crazy. ? Nice not to have the back slide out on you when you give it any decent throttle. ? Looks like were supposed to get 2 more inches of rain today/tonight so I for sure want to ride Wed! Who else is up for it? Probably meet around 5:00 at the Arco.

BTW, for anyone who rides there. Most of the trails have changed. Lots more rocks showing and the ruts are deeper now. That one trail going down to that litle mx track is a nasty challenging climb now with all sorts of rocks and ruts kicking you all over the place. Good Times! ?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't take time off. Monday I left at 2:30 instead of 4:00 but normally I'll just go home (I live 5 minutes from work) at lunch and load my bike and then drive the 45 minutes to Deer Springs right after work. We both have headlights so we ride till 7:00 or 8:00. Fun stuff shooting through that trail we took to the freeway in the dark of night w/ only your headlight. Going to be fun today!

BTW How was it yesterday Keith? Were you getting rained on the whole time?

Yesterday was probably the best riding I have ever done there. I decided to not be a [@#$%&*!] and ride the 8 miles from my house to Arco (big mistake). As soon as I got to Arco the heavens opened up ? The ravine had a good 5" of water running through it, and comming up the side with the car was a challenge. I could see your trails from the night before so I followed them on the single track to the 50 track. Comming back up is awesome enough when its dry and its even better when theres now a stream through all the ruts ? Only fell once ?

It got super foggy and windy as I rode to the water tower. I couldn't make it up the "hard" side because I kept losing momentum on the slick rock. Got to the big rock up there and couldn't even see 10 feet in front of me. Comming down was fun. I didn't want to chance it on the freeway trail alone (I bet the creek was pretty high) so I cut out to LW court. I stopped under a bridge for the 15 because the rain was so hard I couldn't see. After waiting for 10 minutes and it not letting up, I decided to keep going. Getting pelted by heavy rain at 50 on your face where the gap between your goggles and helmet are hurts. My face stung so bad the whole way home. Its time for some new rain gear, because riding in the rain rocks ?

Can't make it today, but can tomorrow if you guys want to ride agian ?

It was the chick, and the rain did some damage. The trail down into the first gulley was washed out. It has a bike eating trench about a foot wide, and two feet deep. There are even roots crossing it at the bottom. Its going to take more than some boards to fix it.

We did find that mountain bike trail. We rode up it in the rain. It was the hardest trail I have seen out there. It looked like part of the trail was washed away, and that made it even harder. We were completely soaked, and our goggles were fogged up and useless. It was great. ?

It was the chick, and the rain did some damage. The trail down into the first gulley was washed out. It has a bike eating trench about a foot wide, and two feet deep. There are even roots crossing it at the bottom. Its going to take more than some boards to fix it.

We did find that mountain bike trail. We rode up it in the rain. It was the hardest trail I have seen out there. It looked like part of the trail was washed away, and that made it even harder. We were completely soaked, and our goggles were fogged up and useless. It was great. ?

Ouch, I hurt all over today. Got a nice quarter sized blister on my forearm from your pipe Rob. ? (My days of pushing your bikes up hills boys is rapidly decreasing!?? Remember I'm the one who sucks at riding!!! ?)

That original trail up the side of the hill is going to need some serious rebuilding. Rob was being nice when he said the ruts in the wash were 2 feet deep. That way is definately impassable now. We were trying to re-fill it w/ dirt but it's impossible. Someone is going to have to bring a shovel to re-fill it.

All the trails have changed. Even the fireroads have 2-3 foot deep washed out ruts now. You have to be very careful going fast. Really deep (most deeper than the height of your foot pegs) ruts everywhere. ?

On a good note Rob and I found all sorts of new trails that we haven't been on before. ? We'll go hit em next time were out.

BTW did I mention that I hurt everywhere? ?

any one up for a ride today?

I'm playing sick from work today. too much stuff to

do before this weekend, but there's always time to ride.

Name a time, I'm down.

And yes, I rode the DH trail with Knobbylips and Todd a couple weeks ago. Best trail out there. I try to be careful with the rear brake so I don't ruin all the downhillers hard work. I assume you hit all the jumps comming down right Josh ?

Keith, we didn't go down. We went up! What a friggen a*s kicker. With all the rain the dirt was super soft and it you gave it any throttle the rear tire would sink right in. That trail kicked Rob & my a*s badly. Slippery roots, rocks and soft dirt. Fun though.

Rob, I got home and had the gf check out the hiney. About 2 more inches to the left and I would have had my first anal probe. ? Got a nice bruise about 5 inches across by 5 inches high though. One cheek is black and blue. Quite the colorful aparition. ? :cry:

We rode up that trail, not down. Anyone could ride down it

Damn ? I'm going to have to try going up it today. If Josh can do it, I better be able to make it ? :cry: ?

BTW, so the ravine is truely impassable or is it just hard to get through. Maybe I'll bring my shovel along since the dirt is so soft. ?