Sign in to follow this  

Reglueing graphics?

Has anyone ever tried reglueing the graphics on the tank? If so what kind of adhesive did you use? The graphics I have are in great shape, but the glue seems to have stop sticking. Needing a temp fix till I can get some new ones.

Later

You might want to give this a try. Not sure if it will work though. 3M makes a spray glue. You can get a tube from a WD40 can and hook it into the 3M product, that way you can direct the glue behind the graphic. Worth a try maybe???? :cry:

i think that 3M stuff is called super 77, works great but not sure how it will hold up to gas fumes

I had the same problem with the graphics on my tank.

What I did was to remove the glue that came on the sticker. Mine had a bunch of dirt and sand sticking to it anyway. Then I just put regular contact cement on both the back of the sticker and the tank, waited for it to tack dry and stick them back together. It bonds immediatly and mine haven't budged since. :cry: :cry: :cry:

i think that 3M stuff is called super 77, works great but not sure how it will hold up to gas fumes

For a even stronger grip, get the Super 90. I have a foam pad glued with 3M super 90 on the bottom of my ramp and it wont peel or anything. Is on there for good.

I've researched this heaps and i can't find anyone that sells it. Where do you get it from? Maybe it's just not available here in Aus.

I think the Home Depots have them too.

BTW, thanks for all the replies. I did try the superglue. It doesn't stick well on the gas tank.

What contact cement have you used. You have to look for something compatable with polyproaline(sp?) or whatever the tank is made of. Right? It could melt if you use the wrong glueing compound?

Thanks