Sign in to follow this  

Engine rebuild

Started on the engine sunday working with bronco on it. Here are some pics:

r1.jpg

r2.jpg

clutch.jpg

Have a full clutch set for it, moose billet basket and driven and friction plates and springs :cry:

r4.jpg

r5.jpg

r6.jpg

r7.jpg

l1.jpg

l2.jpg

splitter1.jpg

Homemade $5 case splitter :cry:

splitcases.jpg

insider1.jpg

inside right side case

insidel1.jpg

inside left side case

insidel2.jpg

tranny1.jpg

tranny2.jpg

engineapart.jpg

This is it all apart

valvespringcompressor1.jpg

This is a sears valve spring compressor with home made adaptor.

pistoncylinder.jpg

Think they over bored the cylinder a bit :cry: the clearance measures .032" with a flat blade gauge :cry:

I've ended up getting replacements for all but one of the bearings. The ones on the counterbalancer shaft needed to be replaced and a couple of others felt notchy. A few felt OK but since I'm there and can get them I will replace them as well.

If you don't mind me asking, why did you do this? Did you do some mods to it that will give more power, make it faster, or do you just like to tinker with your engine? I too, hope that I never have to do that! :cry:

If you don't mind me asking, why did you do this? Did you do some mods to it that will give more power, make it faster, or do you just like to tinker with your engine? I too, hope that I never have to do that! :cry:

It blew up.

I do like to tinker but this is because of necessity. Click here for the full story.