Sign in to follow this  

Rampart Range Closing to OHV's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well not really but I have got too say I am disappointed in the poor response to the post about travel plan for Rampart, I hope you guys are getting your comments in and just not saying anything here on TT, if not, get your comments in, if you don't know what to say tell them you want option C with the addition of the new trails on option B and no paving of RRR. Come on boys just because it is getting to be winter does not mean you won't want to ride at rampart next year. Just remember the enviro’s are sending in their comments. :cry: "close the trails"

No this is part of the Forest Service's mandated Travel management plan.

All national forests have to do one.

Rampart has the benefit of an active motorcycle club that assists with trail work an has really good relations with the rangers.

These meetings were to go over the three proposals crafted from the public comments.

Luckily, none of the plans had overwhelming closures, just closures of redundant trails, and reroutes of those trails in sensitive areas (like 649) we didn't lose too much to closures and with option "C" we add significant trail miles in the way of singletrack AND specified motorcycle only trails!

Great news. I like to hit Rampart when I visit my brother in Parker! Great trails around that devils head outlook! :cry:

Thanks "gratefuldawg" for staying on top of this and getting the word out!! :cry:

What do i need to do? Where do I get the card to mail in?

Jump onto the site Dawg listed above.

By far the most popluar of the choices is "C" because it adds the motorcycle only sections. But there are large portions of "B" that are important IMO.

Look it over, Tell the FS you want "C" with with provision to add parts of "B" such as the technical trail behind the Sprucewood kept in place.

Rod

How do I find the area to ride you guys are talking about? I live in denver, but have never been there before. I will be looking for a place to ride this Saturday.

Take hwy 85 or Santa Fe, south out of Denver, past C-470 to the town of Sedalia. Turn right onto Hwy 67 and go 10 miles to Rampart Range Road, turn left and park at any of the parking areas along Rampart Range Road. Trails go all over so it would be good to get a map or ride with someone who knows their way. I offer to help but I’m out indefinitely with two budged disc's and a separated tailbone, remind my to warn you guys about the perils of beer and small BMX bikes sometime. :cry: I would try to ride 676 if you can it probably won't be around too much longer. Good luck and have fun. Erik

Very cool. I will be there. I hear there are lots of people there all the time. Is getting lost really something I should worry about? Should I mount my GPS maybe :cry:?

I thought I commented on this before earlier this year. Just in case though, I commented again. Thanks for the heads up G Dawg. :cry:

It's the second go around, the first set of comments you submitted were used to develop 3 plans for Rampart. Now your comments will help decide which plan is utilized, we want C with, hopefully, some of the best aspects of B.:cry:

What's the deal with 676? Is it scheduled to close? Also, do you know when 677a will open back up?

676 Devils slide is not scheduled to close, just some reroutes out of the water as far as I know (I know lame but I'd rather keep it "open" than a full closure)

I rode it Friday for the first time this year and it's totally destroyed by quads in the bottom, used to be semi tight (for Rampart) now the bottom is whooped out and highway wide.

The Noddle 677a is undergoing mechanical thinning using a Hydroaxe (thing slings wood chips like crazy) they have cleared a bunch of bettle kill trees but they need to get it reopen to travel.

That topic was brought up at the last RRMMC meeting...I'll be sure to bring it up next Thursday.

When you look at Option C in the link...the red areas are either new singletrack or converting the existing multiple use trail to motorcycle only. :cry:

The weird thing is option "B" keeps more trails open like 692 behind the Sprucewood.

Option "C" closes more trail miles...but give us more bike only singletrack.