Sign in to follow this  

The Cold Season is HERE

Quick Question:

I am in North Dakota and it is getting to cold to ride!! DAMMNIT!!.. During the winter here it is usually 20 below or colder.. How should I store my bike? It will be in a Garage, but i mean I wont be able to start it and stuff during the winter because I am being sent to Iraq to Serve this nation.. so Should I change the oil and filter? or just leave it with the 5 hr used oil and filter? should I drain the gas? Oil? Any info would be Awesome!! thanks!! :cry:

Definatly drain the gas and carb. If you have a basement or somewhere that is heated, leave it there. Some people like to completly fill the engine with oil. I have never tried this but a lot of people have. Why don't you bring it to Iraq with you? I've seen pix of people riding their YFZ's on bike pics over there. Plenty of oil too :cry:

By some ice tires and ride the b*&ch!! Ice racing is too much fun to store the bike :cry:

That will be hard to do when he's in that $hithole over there.

:cry: Good Luck and come home safe.

hey guys thanks a lot for all the TIPS!! i will def. come home safe... my wife would kick my ass if something happended over there., lol.. plus if I didnt come home safe what would happen to my BIKE!@!! haha thanks :cry:

cold? what's that? is that something you get during the flu season? (hahaaaa!!)

aloha from sunny hawaii!!! forecast calls for a high of 88 and a low of 78. brrrrrrrrrhhhhh. :cry:

a LOW of 78?? that is ridiculous. i don't think it gets as cold here as it does in ND, but it been gettin down close to the teens at night here. it already snowed like 4 inches last week.

That will be hard to do when he's in that $hithole over there.

:cry: Good Luck and come home safe.

Woops, I need to read the whole post I guess, my fault. OK, I'll ride the b*&tc :cry: Just kidding, come home safe dude :cry:

if you don't have anti-freeze in the rad in the winter and the bike's not in heated storage, things will not work when it comes time to start it in the spring. i'd put in new stuff anyway in case something weird like the power goes out in a storm...