Sign in to follow this  

BILLY MAN FUNNEL ON X WITH SKIDPLATE

WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS A FULL SKIDPLATE ON THEIR X AND USED A BILLY MAN FUNNEL AND HAD ANY CLEARENCE PROBLEMS. ( REALLY DONT WANT TO REMOVE SKIDPLATE EVER OIL CHANGE ( EVERY OTHER RIDE) THANKS

I have a Flat Land Racing skid plate and changed my oil this weekend without removing the plate. There is a nice sized hole right where the drain plug is and you can get to the filler hole with no problem.

I bought the man funnel when I had the X and I felt it did't work very well.I now have an 05 r and it was nice to have. Changed my opinion on the product.

I have an R with a Utah skid plate. Manfunnel works on the tranny side, but the Utah must come off to drain engine oil.

I *tried* to leave it on (oops). Won't be doing that again. :cry:

Got an X w/Scotts (think its a Utah Cycle) skidplate.

Using the ManFunnel a small amount of oil would come out

on the ManFunnel but most wound up in the SkidPlate-pretty

messy. But dont really how much anything is going help

with the Way Honda recessed the Tranny Drain bolt plus

its inside the Frame Rails...

Since the Tranny oil is separate from the Engine and I use

Mobil-1 Oil, I expect I'll wind up only changing the

Tranny oil about every other time I chg the Engine oil..

Those of you that are unfortunately haveing leaking problems with the funnel let me just say one thing. It is very important that the first time you put the funnel on to take your time and rotate it back and forth sevaral times rotating it a little more each time until it won't rotoate anymore and the bowl portion is slightly pointing down at the tip. It will feel pretty hard to rotate into position the first time which is why you need to do it a little at a time going further each time. The reason it feels so hard is the thin plastic around and under the drain bolt is designed to be crushed and form to create a leak proof seal. If the first initial "seating" is done correctly it should slip on there after with no effort and no leaks. I'm not straight up saying those that are having trouble didn't do it right, frankly I'm surprised I don't get more calls about this, I'm just letting you guys know if the funnel is not rotated enough to form the correct seal it probably will leak. I have had a couple guys call me with this problem and I exchanged their old funnel with a new one that I pre seated for them at the shop here and it solved their problem. Anybody that is having trouble with their funnel please don't hesitate to call me at 949-916-7607 and I'll help you get it to work correctly one way or another or I'll buy it back from you.

Billy

flatland. remove the one mounting bracket for the tranny oil change. takes a minute. Just put some antisieze on the mounting bolt threads, so it is easier to remove for each tranny oil change. No problems with the Billyman funnel draining.

Those of you that are unfortunately haveing leaking problems with the funnel let me just say one thing. It is very important that the first time you put the funnel on to take your time and rotate it back and forth sevaral times rotating it a little more each time until it won't rotoate anymore and the bowl portion is slightly pointing down at the tip. It will feel pretty hard to rotate into position the first time which is why you need to do it a little at a time going further each time. The reason it feels so hard is the thin plastic around and under the drain bolt is designed to be crushed and form to create a leak proof seal. If the first initial "seating" is done correctly it should slip on there after with no effort and no leaks. I'm not straight up saying those that are having trouble didn't do it right, frankly I'm surprised I don't get more calls about this, I'm just letting you guys know if the funnel is not rotated enough to form the correct seal it probably will leak. I have had a couple guys call me with this problem and I exchanged their old funnel with a new one that I pre seated for them at the shop here and it solved their problem. Anybody that is having trouble with their funnel please don't hesitate to call me at 949-916-7607 and I'll help you get it to work correctly one way or another or I'll buy it back from you.

Billy

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I'll attest, GREAT customer service. THANKS BILLY!