Sign in to follow this  

Day trips to Ocotillo?

I usually go out to corral canyon but since its closed I'm lookin for some folks to ride with out in Ocotillo or at the wells, not riding either alone.

Anyone up for some weekend riding?

I've been thinking about where to ride this Saturday... :cry: Ocotillo would be great if I had someone to car-pool with! :cry:

What level are you? (Or how patient are you? :cry:) I would have to say I'm an intermediate beginner... maybe almost advanced... not afraid to open it up in a sand wash (but remember, I have a 250!) and do most of the tighter stuff in Octotillo, the path to the punkin patch ROCKS, as do the mud hills across the street, although I'm working on speed and still have a tendency to slow down too much in the whoops...

Your call! :cry:

Or you guys could come out to Plaster City on Saturday. Race or just ride! 250 mile race. It has been raining there! should be awesome!

I'm thinking about Superstition this weekend. I was at Ocotillo wells last weekend and it was so windy, It ripped the tent, and broke the poles!! Riding was great though.

I'd be open for that, too! I've never been to Plaster City... I'm assuming the 250 race is a team event? I'd have to pass on that... I don't have a team! :cry: But riding could be fun out there, looks like Plaster City (and Superstition!) is even a more direct route from SD than Ocotillo... :cry:

Hey, do you need sand paddles for superstition?? :cry:

Sounds goood. Saturday`s are the day. The bike`s ready to go, but I won`t have a way out there for another week or two. If anybody wants someone to hang along with them for this Saturday, I`m game. Definitely ready to ride.

Jack

I thught everything south of the 8 was closed because of the high risk of fire. That has to be over now, at least for a while :cry:. When will they reopen it? I would like to do some quail hunting up there.

I'm thinking about Superstition this weekend. I was at Ocotillo wells last weekend and it was so windy, It ripped the tent, and broke the poles!! Riding was great though.

Hey, Ride over to Plaster City West and say hello. :cry:

Nah....no need for paddles at Superstition. You don't have to go up the huge sand dunes to have fun.

ocotillo sounds great this weekend, I live in Pacific beach and will have room for an extra bike!

Lets go RIDE!!

I'm in for Sat! :cry:

Lets all try to meet up, those of us riding, I ussually stay away from racing areas, too much scene, I usuallly stage out under the power lines, I go through ocotillo east make that paved left and go out to the power lines and from there is some fun riding. anyone have other iideas? I think that Plaster city will be a zoo with the race but I dont really know.

Lets all try to meet up, those of us riding, I ussually stay away from racing areas, too much scene, I usuallly stage out under the power lines, I go through ocotillo east make that paved left and go out to the power lines and from there is some fun riding. anyone have other iideas? I think that Plaster city will be a zoo with the race but I dont really know.

Flynall will be there also, camping behind the Blue Inn. We can plan on meeting there if anyone wants to join for a ride! :cry:

Looks like we (miguelitro & myself)are heading out to Ocotillo on Saturday at least. We'll be leaving SD around (estimated) 8-8:30, meet up with Flyinall's crew behind the Blue Inn around 10.

miguelitro, are you up for an overnighter, or do you need to get back on Sat night? :cry: I'm up for either, but would have to bring the dog if I go overnight! :cry:

What a great weekend, the weather was excellent, and good company! :cry: Can't wait to repeat next weekend, Halloween, baby! :cry: :cry: :cry: