Sign in to follow this  

Considering the 525

I have a buddy looking at a new 04 or 05 YZ450F or a KTM 525, any thoughts? Also, what is the going price on a 04 or 05 525?

Shane

Which 525? The SX is a monster on the track...but that's only if you're really gassin' it, trust me, becomes a handful of tire shreadin' fun!!!

However, from low end thru the midrange, it's awesome, easy to ride, plenty of bottom end to lug, etc. Two bikes in one really...

He should look at the SMC cause it comes with the Supermoto AND dirt wheelsets! (we need more NW supermoto riders!)

If he doesn't want the SM wheelset...selling it to offset the cost of the bike works too!

(let me know if he wants to sell'em :cry:)

Go with the KTM! :cry:

Well, they're all good bikes. He really can't go wrong with any of them. I recently had the same delimna and decided on the KTM; mainly because of my size - 6'2" 220 lbs. I ride MX only and have been very pleased with the bike. I did have the suspension revalved straight away and installed the JD jetting kit. The motor has to be one of the bikes biggest assets. It really will do anything; but does so in a controlled manner. I never rode the bike with stock suspension but with the revalve it's excellent.

I'd say get the 05, as the new frame seems to be the biggest improvement in years.

I love the power of my 525, its so smooth and easy to use. I find it much easier to ride them my YZ450F which I tried to sell for a year and finally gave up cause no one wanted to buy it. The YZ is a good bike but it needs mods, the KTM is great right out of the box. Slap handguards on and go ride it.

Cheers,