Sign in to follow this  

Newbie......checkin in!!!

Been looking at the dual sport and DRZ for a few years.....Been racing MX for over ten years and before that trail riding mostly in SOCAL mountain area's. Awlways loved riding in the mountains.. :cry:

Well after my last hospital trip from racing(there have been many)I decided to give up racing....I have been sitting on the couch for six months nursing a broken humerus and shattered humeral head(10 screws and a good size titanium plate), lurking in the TT shadows... :cry:

Decided that a DRZ400S was the bike for me....Almost bought "TWOBLACKBELTS" bike....but stopped to look at another on the way to his place and I just couldn't pass on the deal....Picked up a 2000 DRZ400S for a steal.. :cry:

I e-mailed "MACHINIST" for the MCCT cause you guy's have got me totally paranoid to ride the thing without the new MCCT.. :cry:

So that is my first mod....the bike is completely stock except for the tires.

Just wanted to check in and say HI. I am sure I will have lot's more ???? for the DRZ god's

Ride hard, life is short..... :cry:

Welcome...I am in San Diego area and am always looking for people to ride with...keep in touch

congrats on the purchase

Good for you!!. For simple trail fun don't worry about spending alot of money, just do the basics. Decent offroad tires, 3+3 airbox mod, jetting, wieght reduction, ect.. Start slow and fiqure out what you need from there, there are many easy and inexspensive mod,s for the bike that will give you good results!!. :cry:

Welcome.........it's a money pit..............be ready to spend, spend, spend.....especially if you wanna go fast! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Congrats! Im in Norco and like riding with new people too. Do the Yosh pipe, jet it, airbox mod, twin air (or alike), and you'll start to feel a bit of that familiar hit that you had with your MX bike! I was a YZ426 guy and haven't looked back! :cry: