Sign in to follow this  

loaded ques.. for Dwight

Kind of loaded a guess..I was wondering if you felt you were faster in the woods now (ktm) than you were on your xr300's or xr440's. Not trying to put you on the spot, just wondering.. Thanks ( if this is a repost sorry. new to this computer stuff,,)

No, I was faster in the woods on my XR300 or XR320. I am faster in the open with the 525EXC KTM.

IMHO,

Dwight

Sounds similar to what Randy Hawkins says about the difference between YZ250F vs. YZ250. He says he runs faster lap times on the F, but races the 2-stroke because it has more power/speed for making a pass on the open sections.

So why did you switch?

Are you sacrificing speed in the tight sections for speed everywhere else? Is the 525 better suited for your type of riding now or do you just like the features of the KTM?

So why did you switch?

Are you sacrificing speed in the tight sections for speed everywhere else? Is the 525 better suited for your type of riding now or do you just like the features of the KTM?

First of all I am not a fan of the aluminum frames. So I jumped ship due to them saying they were going to drop the XRs this year. Which they didn't. Next I used to love the XR600, But not the BRP ( BIG RED PIG ) XR650. I lug my big thumpers. I add flywheel weight due to this reason.

I don't care for the water cooling but otherwise I have been very happy with the KTM 525EXC

Cher'o,

Dwight

OK Y'ALL behave yourselves. I am gone to the ISDT reunion in Tulsa till Monday.

www.isdtr2004.org

Coming Saturday and Sunday I will be bouncing off Oklahoma rocks on my 1973 Hodaka Combat Wombat ISDT replica. Riding with old friends and My childhood heros.

Cher'o,

Dwight

my uncle had a hodaka dealership in the mid 70's, at the time they were the trick bike to have seemed like. -jamie

How did the reunion ride turnout? I live in Broken Arrow, just outside of Tulsa, but I didn't get to make it out to watch.

The ISDT Reunion was GREAT / WONDERFUL / FUN / EPIC ! I saw lots of ISDT and ISDE heros there. John Penton, Dane Leimbach, Doug Wilford, Helmut Clasen, Burchard Lenz, Chris Carter, Dave & Ray Munganast, Ron Robolzi, Jeff Fredette, Carl Cranke, Fred Cameron, Charlie Berthards, Tommy McDermott, Dick "Buggsy" Mann, and many more. I had some shifting problems with my Hodaka but swapped shift covers with my ACE 100 B+ and corrected most of the problem. BUT now it shifted backwards. I managed to work my way back to Gold medal and 3rd in Expert Classic Class. I had to compete with my little 125 against Gary Mayfield and his Rickman Triumph 500. The special tests were in his favor. Fast and wide open. I only won one test. The little Hodaka needs just a bit more low end.

Cher'o,

Dwight