Sign in to follow this  

Beta Techno 250

Any opinions on a 97 Beta Techno 250. My son and I have been riding a borrowed 91 Aprilia Climber and are hooked. The Beta is like new and a great price. I'm also thinking of a 2003 Sherco 2.9. Not much to be found on the net about the Beta.

Thanks for your input.

Try www.bottlerunxtreme.com This guy is a Beta dealer. At the Husky dealer I deal with open house, two customers stopped in with '04 Beta's from the dealer above. Trials is a blast, I've been riding an old Fantic. When I upgrade I'll probably go with a Scorpa as the local shop(Tryals Shop) is the importer and can get good support from Mike.

Norman

I rode a 97 Techno for a year. The Beta makes some of the best quality products in trials. The 97 Techno is a great bike. I ride an 04 now, great bike. The 97 is going to feel way better then the aprilia Climber. The sherco will feel a little lighter then the Techno. It will also have a little better suspension. But that's mainly because of the age difference. I guess it depends on how much you plan on riding it. If you plan on competeing then I would get a newer bike then a 97. If you want total reliability then look at a Montesa. The montesa uses a Honda motor and showa shocks. Montesa is mainly owned by Honda so they have a big influence on the bike. I don't care for the 4-stroke monty though, so look at a 97-2004. Some where around $2,000 should get you a bike that's around an 2001.