Sign in to follow this  

Gas in my oil

2001 yz250f.

Bought the bike, changed the oil and it had gas in it. From calling around its been narrowed down to a stuck float or a bad valve guide seal, just wondering if it could be something else. If it is one of the two what should i look and or test for to determine which it is.

Thanks

A leaking float needle with the gas left on for some period is really the only plausible explanation for this. The fuel would run into the intake, and past the piston rings.

The exact same thing has happen to me, I pulled the float needle and gave it a visual inspection, it looked fine but it just wouldnt seal. Gas would be all over my garage floor in the morning if I didnt turn off the fuel at the petcock. I got a new one and have had no problems since.

i had this dillema and it about drove me nuts,it actually had nothing to do with the carb at all(at least not its fault anyway) what it boiled down to was loading and unloading the bikes (we have a small trailer with 4 bikes)getting it jockeyed around i was inadvertantly working the throttle. this was my first bike with a accelerator pump and never payed any attention to it.well i do now! :cry: