Sign in to follow this  

bone stock 2004 kx 85 versus bone stock 2004 honda crf 250X..drag race

ok my buddy just got a kx 85, and he is talking like it will BLOW my bike away...is this true? :cry:

Ummmm, no. I can beat 85-100 on my 150. Which is actually a 190cc. so no need to worry. Be all ok lets race then show him which one is faster. And after you get the feel of starting let him have a head start. :cry:

for real? i was thinkin he might edge me out because of the closer ratios/ 100 pounds less weight...and plus he weighs about 120 and i weigh 170

Try it and find out. 85 might have you for the first 100ft or so then the 250 should walk away. If you are comparing bikes on a track results will be very rider dependent. A very good rider on an 85 can really give an average/fair rider on a 250 fits.

this kid could kill kids riding 85's when he had his little klx 125...so im kinda scared about on track! :cry: :cry:

the day a KX85 beats a crf250x drag racing is the day i become a pro MX'er....... you'll smoke that guy for sure.... put a wager on that baby and get some money off that :cry: :cry:

Kevin Windham is from near here. He comes home and rides the local track at Xmas. My favorite story is when he entered the money class 125 AND 250 the same night on his KX-80. Won both classes by a mile. This was years ago and he was a kid racing against the best local talent. Super nice guy! Don't fool yourself:-) Clint

Hey, I apologize for missing the point of the post. Kevin won both classes for the cash, but he DID NOT get the hole shot on either. Clint

the day a KX85 beats a crf250x drag racing is the day i become a pro MX'er....... you'll smoke that guy for sure.... put a wager on that baby and get some money off that :cry: :cry:

can do, my man, can do!