Sign in to follow this  

How NOT to win your race (but get massive style points)

This was taken Sunday at the Sand Hill race of the OCCRA (Oklahoma Cross Country Association)'s series of Enduro races.

Jason (Owens), who was pulling up to the leaders, decided to 'throw' the race (sort of literally!) He hit a hidden stump or rut, did a really cool stoppie, then locked the bars sideways, flipped a few times, hit the ledge of the embankment square on his back, and landed in this not so fresh watering hole.

Thank God for Rob Cummings (in the water as well) being right there to jump in and make sure Jason was OK. Jason went in the muck head first! If you can't tell, that's the top of his helmet that's visible as Rob pulled him up out of the goo.

Like a true dirthead (pun intended??lol) Jason's first question was, 'please tell me the bike didn't come in the water with me!!!???' (He was riding my bike). The bike fared pretty well, just a scraped up front fender and some underbrush that actually got pinned between the bead of the tire and the rim. Jason on the other hand is walking around like a 90 year old man!!!

We're just happy that he's OK. No more than a sprained back and well, he sort of almost bit through his tongue in 3 places...but he's on the mend!

Cheers!!

Moto Swimmer

That would be one of the funniest videos if it were on video. :cry: Looks like your bike is about to fall in there too. :cry:

WOW! I bet that scared him pretty good! What a tumble! :cry: I bet you're relieved that your bike is OK :cry:

OUCH!...Definitely some Oklahoma red dirt water, glad he's ok. Hey dirtbunny you ride MX, dont ever remember seeing a big rabbit ridding on the track. :cry:

If you ride MX you coming to the arenacross this weekend in Ft Smith? Wondering if there will be a good womens class.

Hey KRIP..I'm a recent transplant from Florida...we're not going to the Ft. Smith race, but will be at others. We have the last round of the OCCRA this weekend.

I'm still not up to riding speed after a nasty crash back in the end of June where I broke my radial bone clean off and dislocated the wrist joint. Just got done with physical therapy and rode last weekend for the first time (bout a half hour of trails was all I could stand).

What do you ride? Next AX we'll look for you. I ride for Team Moto Xtreme (a shop in Broken Arrow). IT's actually Jason's shop. Were you at the McAllister round? Jason attempted to ride a souped up pit bike but broke it on the practice laps :cry:

Dirtbunny, I'm what you would, let see, call semi retierd. :cry: My Daughter is racing now so that takes most of my time, she's riding a 250f. We plan to hit the AX this weekend, not sure about the others because we are running a couple more series. Maybe we will catch up to you at one of the AX if we run anymore. She wants to run more of the Okla state series next year and we mite hit all the extremworld Ax not real sure yet. Hope you get back up and running strong soon, maybe you can come down and run with us, we are not to far from you.

KRIP, if you guys aren't too far away, maybe we could get together and practice ride sometime?? I also ride a 250f...well I'm getting used to it anyways...I have been looking for other girls/women to go out and ride with..we seem to understand each other better than the guys sometimes :cry:

send me an email, or maybe we'll see you at one of the AXs coming up. mx_dirtbunny@yahoo.com

Cheers! :cry:

KRIP, if you guys aren't too far away, maybe we could get together and practice ride sometime?? I also ride a 250f...well I'm getting used to it anyways...I have been looking for other girls/women to go out and ride with..we seem to understand each other better than the guys

sometimes :cry:

send me an email, or maybe we'll see you at one of the AXs coming up. mx_dirtbunny@yahoo.com

Cheers! :cry:

Dirtbunny, your email addy does not work, check your PM or email me. fourspd@pinncom.com