Hand guards, D-Flex or Acerbis???

Hi there guys. I know Acerbis are the most popular but ive seen some D-Flex guards which look pretty much the same but loads cheaper. Are they s?#t or are they any good. Oh, also they said for dirt bikes only. I assume they will fit the DRZ??

Cheers guys.

Are you sayin the D-flex are crap?

Nope not at all.

Not enough use with um to say nothing bad,,

The Acerbis pro rally I would not install if given to me.. ?

If the Cycra's are not readily available in your part of the world,, give the D-flex a shot ?

I broke a bar clamp on a set,, and that is the only use I got from them,, They hit the trash that night.. Could have been a product error,, and not a design issue.. Others have said they like the D-Flex,, so there is a following.

I have the D-Flex hand guards. They have taken some heavy hits without bending or moving. The fit and finish are as nice as my buddies Acerbis guards. The Cycra's are nice but they are twice as much. I recommend the D-Flex. Best of all, they have them in lime green!

[image]Image014.jpg[/image]

I have the D-Flex hand guards. They have taken some heavy hits without bending or moving. The fit and finish are as nice as my buddies Acerbis guards. The Cycra's are nice but they are twice as much. I recommend the D-Flex. Best of all, they have them in lime green!

Yes half as much, but only available in bar clamp style,, TUS_DEF_KIT_BLK-BLK.JPG

And some have had issue with the clamp..

If it works for you,, use it ? But you can not compare apples to nails ?

If it works for you,, use it ? But you can not compare apples to nails ?

I know Acerbis are the most popular but ive seen some D-Flex guards which look pretty much the same but loads cheaper.

Bronco - What kind of nails you guys using on that side of the continent? Are they those red round nails? ? :cry:

where can you find acerbis guards in stock? ?

HH

At most any shop... They are probable the best selling $80 waste of money hand guards on the market. Many buy them once, few buy them twice ?

Some on this very forum have weighed in and said they were very happy with their Pro rally's.. Many more have said they are not.

The choice is yours.. I've gone through several sets now, on several bikes with different riders,, I found them to be poorly constructed and easily bent.. So I'll not be buying another pair..

Thanks a million. Ive actually got a racespec catalogue and like the look of the apico guards, more so now youve said how much you like them. But the d-flex ones still look pretty good too. There cant really be anything in it as they both look pretty much the same. Although the ones i saw are like the green ones in the picture above, i havent seen the black ones before, they look smart. Not keen on dodgy clamps though. Mid you, if you need em the whole bike will probably look fairly dodgy afterwoods!

HH

At most any shop... They are probable the best selling $80 waste of money hand guards on the market. Many buy them once, few buy them twice ?

Some on this very forum have weighed in and said they were very happy with their Pro rally's.. Many more have said they are not.

The choice is yours.. I've gone through several sets now, on several bikes with different riders,, I found them to be poorly constructed and easily bent.. So I'll not be buying another pair..

I remember another thread recently about this...I've had my Rally Pros

for several years and they've never bent. However, I saw a brand new

set bend easily on a tip over in Moab. That leads to me to believe

that Acerbis has gone with a cheaper and/or less strong alloy for

use in the newer hand guards...maybe part of a cost cutting measure??

Hmm... ?

The D-Flex is a nice-looking hand guard. I'd have to run with those

if buying another set. $120 for hand guards? Are they gold-plated? ?

Man, for $120 I could get the D-Flex AND a new tire! ??

HH

Per your suggestion I ordered the Cycra guards. Feedback to come.

HH