Sign in to follow this  

Invention

WEll its invention time at my school and this is for a major test grade..... anyways.... iam going to invent something for my bike, problem is i need ideas for something to make.... If you all could help me out i would really appreciate it... Anything at all.... PLEAse i need ideas. :cry:

well not really your bike, but for mx bikes....you could make a holder for a triangle stand. just drill a dole in the rear fender, shave an indentation in the seat for the stand to go, but the part that goes into the swingarm into the hole, and make a button to hold it down. now all we need is an mx bike :cry:

maybe build your own baja light kit? make a frame and housing for the light to bolt into and then just make a simple wiring kit. you will more than likely love the light too. :cry:

not bad...... more ideas would def. help though.... my teacher says if its something really good that hasnt been made she'll send it with a buisness freind of hers to a company like (tapers for example) and i might get something out of it.... one student last year got a check of 5,000.00 bucks :cry:

Make a kit that will allow you to get the fuel from both sumps of the fuel tank without tipping the bike over to the petcok side of the tank.

Invent something to make graphics less of a [@#$%&*!] to put on.

maybe find something that cleans airfilters better (could damage bike tho)

find something that removes screatches?

this, tho hard would be cool, lol removable siodes on rims,like get 10 inch 50 rims, and go from there. so u cant just remove the side and make installation of tires ezier

woah woah woah woah! say that again!!! are you saying invent something so when the bike falls over the gas wont leak out..... If that's what your saying your a genuis! GREAT IDEA! if not tell me what you were saying it might be better THANKS! :cry: :cry:

well not really your bike, but for mx bikes....you could make a holder for a triangle stand. just drill a dole in the rear fender, shave an indentation in the seat for the stand to go, but the part that goes into the swingarm into the hole, and make a button to hold it down. now all we need is an mx bike :cry:

That completely defeats the purpose of the triangle stand...as being something that has weight that is not needed under way..why not just have a regular kickstand...LOL

That completely defeats the purpose of the triangle stand...as being something that has weight that is not needed under way..why not just have a regular kickstand...LOL

so when ur out in the sand the triangle sand doesnt just sink through.... :cry:

so when ur out in the sand the triangle sand doesnt just sink through.... :cry:

Then how about a triangle stand made out of cheap plastic, that weighs almost nothing, with a wider base so it doesn't sink? :cry:

i read a site that had an add in liner for your helmet that was hooked to a peltier plate which you would be able to have air conditioning circulate around your head while riding. so far, it's not on the market or even talked about since...every summer i wish someone had one i could buy.

another thought is a way to mark the heads of bolts with it's size...i'm not as big of a wrench-head as some of you and cant tell the size by looking. if i could stamp the size on the head, i'd know i needed to grab an 8mm socket instead of a 10mm.

another thought...how about a way to spin an air filter to get all the cleaner out and to spin dry? something like a salad spinner that is either metal or plastic that wont melt with harsh chemicals?

just the ramblings of a wanabe mechanical engineer...

Then how about a triangle stand made out of cheap plastic, that weighs almost nothing, with a wider base so it doesn't sink? :cry:

DING! WE HAVE A WINNER! That one gets my vote. Great idea, L2F!

Dan.

the no gas leak thing has been invented its called a one way valve

i would buy one of the things to get fuel from one side to the other

maybe go for a bike stand that lives in your garge but when it lifts up the bike in the air the bike is stable so you can work on it and it wont fall off

maybe clamp the foot pegs to it some how

if you make a winner dont sell the rights for $5,000

it could be worth 50 times that, the big companies rip kids off everyday.

If your electronics are up to scratch make something that senses when the shift lever is moving and cuts the spark. Full throttle gear changes.

Another cool idea my friend had for his CRF was to pressurize the frame use it on a pneumatic actuator for shifting.

how about some foot pegs with some shock absorbing properties

Foam that you fill your tubes with and it makes a moose type tube out of it, no flats and easy to mount. I have been looking for this for years.