Sign in to follow this  

PW 50 ?

OK not a honda or a Yamaha question. Has anyone bought one of the chinese knock off PW50s or xr50s? I was looking at some on ebay and the price was right. My only concern is the parts support once these breakdown. Are they basically clones down to the parts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7928410163&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT

I can only say that I have seen a JinCheng "Z50", it looked and sounded good. I have a knockoff Z50 motor in a box, never used, came with a Mikuni and what appears to be real Honda CDI box. Motor for my Z50 chopper project.....

As far as motor parts go, and I'm guessing as much as you, I feel confident that parts from a similar age motor will work.

The farther the rest of the bike gets from "OE" appearance, the less likely OE parts will fit. Like the Pantera 125 sold at Pep Boys. The motor appears to be Suzuki based, but God help you if you need brake pads or a throttle cable.

If its a reasonable copy of a Z50, chances are you wont own it when it needs parts!

Its a gamble, so look closely!

Robert :cry:

Roboman-

Remember, anything in Ca. after 2002 that is a two stroke is a red sticker bike. I looked at that one on e-bay before I paid more for a used pw than I thought it was worth because kids are off in the summer and can't ride the new ones then. Wow that was a long run-on sentence :pGet a used one for around $800 and let your kid ride it year 'round. Just like a four stroke.....sort'a. :cry: