Sign in to follow this  

Auto clutch

Any major differences btween the Rekluse and EFM auto clutches? I might buy a used EFM if it has favorable comments.

I ran an EFM for over a year and I can tell you it works great. The engagement and performance is great, however I dont like the way it attaches to the clutch basket. It uses screws that are very little. Once those screw are in, it works great. I just bought a used Gen2 Rekluse and I am installing it in my bike. Actually it is installed, I just need more shims to set the correct gap. I dont have experience with the Rekluse but have watched it develop here over the years and thought I would give it a try. I do read a few statements from Rekluse owners that concern me, you can still stall it possibly (maybe incorrect setup?) I could not stall my EFM anywhere! Of course I still have my EFM so if I dont like the Rekluse I will go back but not without some testing. They do require a bit of tinkering to perfect them. Both brands seem to be very well built and have excellent customer service. BTW I never ran a lever and only a few times have I wanted one. EFM locks up quickly too.