Sign in to follow this  

GOT 05 CRF450R coming...but I got questions.....

The HiFlo part for the '04 is the same as far as I can tell. I have used one so far and it seemed to fit perfectly. Just check the fluid levels, warm it up for a minute or two, and ride it normally. Gas it good through all gears, allow plenty of engine breaking, but don't test the rev limiter yet. Do this for an hour or two, change the factory oil, and consider it broken in. Don't forget to check all the fasteners (especially the kick starter bolt) and tighten the spokes after the first few rides. Have fun! :cry:

I was actually planing on draining all the fluids from the bike....well just the engine oil, tranny oil and gas from the bike BEFORE I rode it at all. I want to make sure that I have quality fluids in there since I don't know what the shop puts in there.. I want to use my Amsoil and the honda HP tranny oil(I thin that the name) its a red bottle..and 92 or 93 octance gas....what you think about that plan...

I was actually planing on draining all the fluids from the bike....well just the engine oil, tranny oil and gas from the bike BEFORE I rode it at all. I want to make sure that I have quality fluids in there since I don't know what the shop puts in there.. I want to use my Amsoil and the honda HP tranny oil(I thin that the name) its a red bottle..and 92 or 93 octance gas....what you think about that plan...

Well that certainly couldn't hurt. Probably a good idea. :cry:

DO NOT use synthetic oil for break in. It will never break in.

Do some searches on here. "kelstr" has some break in advice... i think it was in CRF 250 forum though??

Check out mototuneusa.com for break in secrets as well.

I believe kelstr recommended cheapo oil on motor side at first? Like the REALLY cheap non-detergent stuff??

I used Honda Gear Oil since day one(red bottle) in my 02 and have had no problems

Oh, yeah, he's right. Don't use syn for break-in. I guess I assumed the Amsoil you were going to use was conventional oil, and not syntheitic. I just used what was in there to break it in.

What is the oil filter size for Hiflo filter and is it the same for the 04 I want to order some but can only find reference to 04 crf 450 only which is HF116...or is it HF115 thanks :cry:

same since 02? Its listed as: year

15412-MEB-671 FILTER, ENGINE OIL 02

15412-MEN-671 FILTER, ENGINE OIL 03-04

weird that its the same part number, but broken down that way??

same since 02? Its listed as: year

15412-MEB-671 FILTER, ENGINE OIL 02

15412-MEN-671 FILTER, ENGINE OIL 03-04

weird that its the same part number, but broken down that way??

I read a post a while back on here concerning this discrepancy. Someone suggested that it was due to Honda adding a "THIS SIDE OUT" marking to the filter. That was the only difference. But, I still haven't seen a part number from Honda for the '05 filter. My manual doesn't list a Honda part # anywhere!? Maybe I should call my dealer. I just used the one and only filter from HiFlo for the CRF450's (HF115) and I am confident it is working fine. It doesn't have the "THIS SIDE OUT" marking, by the way...incase you need this sort of help. :cry:

Finally got it ..I had to pick it up....750 miles ONE way...but saved a ton of $$$ ...so leave money for mods.. :cry:

Anyway I have a question....

1. IS anyone using the twin air filter without the billet cage and using the stock cage..I try this on my 04 crf250r and the twin air did not seal as good a s the stocker in the stock cage.

2 what it the diference between X ring and O ring chians ? do you have to DO ANYTHING different if you use x ring or O ring to your spockets...I think I seeen where someone had to use a spacer ...or something like that

3. On my o4 crf250 I the bike came with a special needle jet tool...I don't see it on my new crf450...I'm I missing it ?

4.Did anyone change the rear sprocket to a 50 if so how do you lie it ?

Anyway I have a question....

1. IS anyone using the twin air filter without the billet cage and using the stock cage..I try this on my 04 crf250r and the twin air did not seal as good a s the stocker in the stock cage.

Just purchased a few of the stock replacement Twin-Air filters and am interested in learning about this as well?

Don't know on your air filters but for the other stuff..you ask you receive

If you use an o-ring type of chain you need to space the front sprocket away from the cases or the chain will rub

no cool pieces of metal with hose attached to the end for you!!! only for the 250 different slide covers on carbs

I did try the 50t and hated it, way to much shifting for me just got use to it. also put magura clutch on it, and now, no more clutch adjusting for me!!!