Sign in to follow this  

bike wash (first try)

You should have hammered down on that thing 😢

Hope you had fun pushing that thing home 😢

Thanks for the vid though

😢 :cry:

i should not laugh i almost did that the other day i hit a submerged rock and almost wen over the bars but i jumped off a caught it drained the airbox squeezed out the filter and off we go ...... lucky 😢 :cry:

so what did the water end up damaging? did it hydrolock?

NO thats not me, just a vide that I found and thought I would share it. The worst stuck my bike ever got was from my brother he managed to get it buried up to the seat, i had know idea that it happend thow untill i saw the pick from a cell phone camra that his freand took, I was pissed 😢

i came about 2 feet away from doing that at my track today. they have a pond for the watering system beside the whoops and a lot of light poles. ill just say it wasnt pretty. and i just found out the pond is 40 feet deep even right beside the track from when they dug it out for dirt.

As I watched that I kept thinking one thing. Stay on the gas stay on the gas stay on the gas......Whoops kill the engine. Thats definately an OHHHHHH Shooot.

Eric

Flip it upside down, pull the plug and spin the wheel by hand with it in gear. When water stops coming out the exhaust flip it over, put the plug in and start kicking. Hopefully it starts.

So what the heck do you do to a bike after that (to get it up and running again)?

When it goes that deep, it's always best to drain the oil and refill. Sometimes it takes several "flushes" to get the oil looking new again. Of course the air filter will need some drying out and maybe even the gas drained.

i did that on my drz too. i guess tanks dont float 😢

i had to change to oil 11 times {with heat cycles} befor it came out not milky. 😢