Sign in to follow this  

Riding Style

I seem to not be able to get my rear off my seat when riding. I don't sit all the time but alot more than I probably should. It's like a crutch for me to sit in sketchy sections, up and down hills.

Is there a secret to making you stand while riding? It may just be practice and experience. It does not help being 6'4". My only solution right now is to remove the seat. :cry:

Try thickening the seat and getting taller bars to make the riding position more comfortable and aid in standing. I am over 6 ft tall and I have my bars rotated forward and it makes a huge difference.

You really just have to buck up and start FORCING yourself to stand. For years I did the same thing... whenever it got sketchy I would plant my ass on the seat. It's the worst thing you can do. The turning point for me was when I took a lesson. The pro was good at really showing you the mechanical factors of standing vs. sitting. Once you get used to being on your feet you'll woder how you ever rode on your ass... not to mention how much more fatiguing it is to have your spine taking all the bumps instead of your knees (natural shock absorbers). Good luck.