TT Store/ Motomaster kit

Looking to get a big brake kit when I SM my S. Seen the Motomaster 320mm conversion. Is this the best value for money kit that uses the std caliper? Seen this one HERE for $275. Looked on the TT store but I`m not sure if part number 45-2331 is the same kit. If it is it`s ALOT cheaper! $198. Any one confirm that these kits are any good and that the $198 price is for the same kit as the £275 kit?

Thanks

Looking to get a big brake kit when I SM my S. Seen the Motomaster 320mm conversion. Is this the best value for money kit that uses the std caliper? Seen this one HERE for $275. Looked on the TT store but I`m not sure if part number 45-2331 is the same kit. If it is it`s ALOT cheaper! $198. Any one confirm that these kits are any good and that the $198 price is for the same kit as the £275 kit?

Thanks

The street kit cost 269.99 in TT Store

The stock caliper is garbage when used in a supermoto setup. Spring for the full kit and you'll be much happier.

Want somthing that I can swap back to std off road trim easily. If I replace the caliper that means every time I wanna change to off road I have to change the caliper and bleed the brakes! Any alternetive??? Is the std caliper and SM brakes really THAT bad??

Another option that may be worth considering is a Titax oversized rotor. They make one for the DRZ that 280 mm and its pretty cheap at $99. They do make a 320 mm unit for around $150 but none of their current applications fit the DRZ ? Just another option.

Another option that may be worth considering is a Titax oversized rotor. They make one for the DRZ that 280 mm and its pretty cheap at $99. They do make a 320 mm unit for around $150 but none of their current applications fit the DRZ Just another option.

If they make a rotor for Yamaha models it will work on the DRZ also. Same mounting. ? :cry:

ok so the titax 320mm for a yamaha will fit my dr-z but what about the repositioning bracket for the caliper

You are correct there.

The bracket will be different. The rotor is the same.

I purchased a Yamaha MM race brake kit to use on my DRZ and I am in the process of trading the Yamaha SM501R bracket for the SM201R bracket I need for the Suzuki.

The actual MM race caliper is the same on both kits also. Just the bracket is diff. ? :cry:

First off, I would say the chances are good that once you ride the DRZ as a SM you will realize how much fun it is and maybe you will not have to worry about going back and forth. ?

But if you do, it is pretty easy to just get a separate brake lever and line for each. Buy a SS front line to go with the 4 pot caliper and big rotor and you will be loving it, then save the stock rubber hose and 2 pot for the dirt.

First off, I would say the chances are good that once you ride the DRZ as a SM you will realize how much fun it is and maybe you will not have to worry about going back and forth. ?

I`d need a master cylinder as well wouldn`t I? any suggestions for new lever? Needs to be black :-)

But if you do, it is pretty easy to just get a separate brake lever and line for each. Buy a SS front line to go with the 4 pot caliper and big rotor and you will be loving it, then save the stock rubber hose and 2 pot for the dirt.