Sign in to follow this  

What do you want a man to sing to you?

Every time I see you

all the rays of the sun

are streaming through the waves of your hair,

and every star in the sky

has taken aim at your eyes like a spotlight!

The beating of my heart is a drum and it's lost,

and it's looking for a rythm like you!

You can take the darkness from the pit of the night;

and turn it to a beacon burning endlessly bright.

I gotta follow it,

'cuz everything I know,

well it's nothing 'til I give it to you! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

How does this post relate in anyway to thumpettes and riding????????? DAH! It doesn't!

I think this is what the OT forum is all about.

I sang that to my wife from an empty ampitheater before we were married. The "Redlands Bowl".

I just thought I'd share. I've also sung it while riding, so la-te-da, and I'd gladly sing it at any ride-along with all Y'all. :cry: :cry:

Besides, it is a bit more relevant to riding and romance than the Thong post!~ :cry: :cry:

Nice memories for you and your wife to share, but I'm not really that interested. Just my .02.

I agree, I don't really like that post either.

Nice memories for you and your wife to share, but I'm not really that interested. Just my .02.

I agree, I don't really like that post either.

So you posted on a thread to say your not interested? :cry:

i guess some people really do look at a glass and say it is half empty and not half full :cry:

I posted on this thread, to say in a nice way, I would rather see riding info and dirtbike info on this forum.

Oh, that's much better thanks. So how do you change your oil and what oil do you prefer? :cry: :cry:

So to tie both OT threads together, can your wife take a picture of you changing your oil in your thong singing this lovely song? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Oh, that's much better thanks. So how do you change your oil and what oil do you prefer? :cry::lol:

So to tie both OT threads together, can your wife take a picture of you changing your oil in your thong singing this lovely song? :cry::lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :cry::lol: :lol: :lol: Please!!! :lol::cry: :cry:

Oh, that's much better thanks. So how do you change your oil and what oil do you prefer? :cry::lol:

So to tie both OT threads together, can your wife take a picture of you changing your oil in your thong singing this lovely song? :cry: :cry: :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Please!!! :cry::lol: :lol:

Oh Lord please don't!! :lol::p;)

So to tie both OT threads together, can your wife take a picture of you changing your oil in your thong singing this lovely song? :lol: :lol: :lol:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :p;) Please!!! :lol::cry:;)

Oh Lord please don't!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Aww, come'on, that'd be HILARIOUS! :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I know, I know, I'm only encouraging him, arent I? :lol: :lol:)

This is a good song to sing while changing your oil and filter.

I didn't know you changed your own oil and filter.

Guess some of us have you pegged all wrong?!

Gee, that changes everything ... NOT.

Besides, it is a bit more relevant to riding and romance than the Thong post!~ :cry: :cry:

Hey...the thumper thong is a product offered by the THUMPERTALK website!!! I would think that products offered for sale by this site are relevant in some fashion.

And Yamamama64...you said "I don't really like that post either." I certainly wasn't trying to post something that thumpettes wouldn't like. I was really excited about thumpertalk underware...I thought it was an adorable idea and a really FUN idea!! I mean how cute can you get...we thumpettes ride dirtbikes, we love Thumpertalk...and now we can have undies to match...sorry, I can't pass up an opportunity that fun.

I go for boxer briefs, myself. Least when they ride up your crack....ya gotz something to tug on to get it out!

Actually racing or riding in a thong? Um, no....that would be a harsh kinda monkey butt to survive.

As far as singing while changing oil....I have been listening to a Stevie Ray Vaughn CD lately. Nice mix of Southern Rock and blues. Good all around wrenching CD. I've got a cool up-beat SKA CD, too....and just about anything Ozzy gets me in the wrenching mood. The Clash is a good CD for a total tear down (nothin' like "This is a PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT....with GUITARS!" to get ya in the tear down mood!) and Dire Straits for a good polish job....Hendrix is good for polishin', too.

As far as a song for a guy to sing to me?

Hmmmm....ok

"MONEY...it's a hit...don't give me that...." :cry:

peace,

janette

I don't wear or like thongs, so that isn't a post that I really care for. It doesn't really bother me that you posted it, I just choose not to read it.

I would really like to see more posts from experienced riders about riding, gear maintenance, bike maintenance, etc.... :cry:

It doesn't really bother me that you posted it, I just choose not to read it.

Wise woman here! :cry:

I would really like to see more posts from experienced riders about riding, gear maintenance, bike maintenance, etc....

Don't be afraid to browse the rest of the forum, YamaMama! The specific forums can be great sources of knowledge also! The thumpette forum is sort of a 'catch-all' for woman-specific issues... even what panties are best to wear, if that is what we wish to discuss! :cry: Generally, I'll only 'bump' a topic from the thumpette forum if its objectionable (ie offensive) AND not at all related to women & riding. I considered bumping this one, about the singing silliness, but it seemed harmless enough... I let the other thumpettes decide whether or not to respond to it! (Or give a 'slap on the wrist' to the poster, if they so desire. :cry:)

Anyway, the best way to make a thread go away is not to respond to it, like you said above! And of course, feel free to pm me if anything seems really objectionable or offensive, or if you have any suggestions... for example, I hope to have a permanent advise thread on shortening suspension to go along with our 'beginner bike' thread as a sticky pretty soon! :cry:

"I would really like to see more posts from experienced riders about riding, gear maintenance, bike maintenance, etc.... "

Well....what do ya wanna know? First hint....don't wear a thong while riding...even *if* it's well maintained with a nice logo. :cry:

Gear manitenece? Wash in washing machine...preferably someone *else's* washing machine. :cry: Never put in the drier. I hang pants on a hanger with clips holding the waistband....butr not so tight that any elastic stretches. I wash jerseys, club vests, gloves, gut belts, knee pads, and elbow pads this way, too. The inner pads in a helmet can usually be removed and machine washed....but don't put them in the drier. (do NOT use detergent with bleach or bleach additive on any gear...it severely shortens it's usable lifespan)Things like chest protectors can be power washed at home or at the car wash (don't use hot wax LOL)...this can be done easily while you wash the bike. I simply stick it in the shower and let HOT water run over it....the "massage" setting on the shower head works best...maybe with a splash of dish detergent. You *can* wash goggles with the lenses out in the gentle cycle of the washing machine....but they last longer with the shower wash method.....either way...hang dry. If you go to the laundry mat....don't use the big double and triple washers for any of the gear....the spin cycles are just too forceful to the gear.

The biggest hint would be....the *more* you ride...the *less* you will care that your gear is all sparkling clean and shinny. :cry:

As far as bike maintenence....the three biggies are:

change the oil festidiously

clean the air filter festidiously

keep the chain oiled and properly tensioned.

....above all.... SING while doing all of the above!!!!!! A happy bike, happy gear, and a happy rider makes for a good ride! :cry:

peace,

janette

Thorina, where have you been hiding. This is the helpful kind of stuff I have been looking for from this forum. :cry:

This info to a lot of people may seem trivial, but to a newbie (I'm not really a newbie, I just like added info) it is important. Gear is expensive and you don't want to ruin it, so this info is great.

Thanks