Sign in to follow this  

state of depression xr250/400

People must be flocking to those water cooled hybrid types. A friend of mine did the CO 500 this year and said he saw quite a few CRF250X's. I'm sure Honda's profit margin is fatter on the new bikes too.

I would think that the profit margin on the XR's would be higher. Sure, they have a lower price, but it's not like they have to pay for R&D, or tooling. Don't forget about all the fancy materials -- titanium valves, aluminum frames, pumper carbs, and who knows what else. For Honda to build an XR, all they have to do is pour cast iron into a mold. :cry:

For Honda to build an XR, all they have to do is pour cast iron into a mold. :cry:

I didn't know the XR is made out of cast iron. That's great! I thought XRs were made from water pipe, Maxwell coffee cans and recycled tupperware.

At any rate, I'm sure the dealers get way more warranty claims from CRF owners than they ever got from XR owners. I'd also wager that my XR will still be running strong when most present-day CRFs in in the junk heap. Larry