Sign in to follow this  

Question - What does.......

What does the guy with the beard have in common with the rider on the track?? Beard.jpg

1) They are shocked that Leo Sayer has the current Number 1 single on the radio?

2) They're pissed that gas has hit 70-cents a gallon?

3) They're both Atlanta Falcons fans?

4) They both feel that Ford will whip Carter in November?

Very good JohnnyO!! I thought it would be too obvious as well. Now, can anyone name the rider?? I am not 100% sure myself but I have an idea. (no it is not Jay Springsteen or Vlastimil Valek.) :cry: Let's see where this goes.

Very good JohnnyO!! I thought it would be too obvious as well. Now, can anyone name the rider?? I am not 100% sure myself but I have an idea. (no it is not Jay Springsteen or Vlastimil Valek.) :cry: Let's see where this goes.

That's funny, I wasn't sure you were going there. I'm pretty sure I know who it is too. :cry:

For bonus points name his teammate.

Oh this is just too obvious,,,,,,,,

They both ride Harley's! :cry:

Darn and I was going to say both of their bikes broke down alot :cry: :cry:

Oh man,,,,,

I'm having heart palpitations. Driving to lunch I was thinking about this and the rider I originally thought he was he isn't. I do think I still know who it is but now my bonus question is out the window as I do not think he had a teammate at the time. :cry:

But I do know who it is. (I think) :cry:

O.K. I was just waiting for that.

When I originally saw it I thought it was Rex. After dwelling on it I realized it didn't look quite as big of a person as Rex was (the guy is an animal). So I tried to think who else it could be if not Rex,,,,,,,

1st Harely Davidson factory MX rider that battled none other than Bob Hannah for the Florida Winter series Title in 1976 (I think) and that rider is,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Don Kudalski.

Kudalski is where I was going with it as well but I can't seem to find anything to back it up. I did e-mail the picture to the guy who has the MX250 web page to see if he knew. His response:

i am not sure at this point who this rider is but i believe its one of the engineer's that were working on the prototype program. i will post the picture and see if we get results that way but i will contact a few people that were engineers and see if they might remember.

thanks so much for the picture it is a great one to add to the web site.

I doubt that it is some engineer running in a National.

Ya know I'm having second thoughts.

I would have to believe Rex or Don. I will check and see If I can find anything tonight. :cry:

I went to the Harley web site also. :cry:

And no, it is not a prototype rider. I believe the prototype had the forks in the rear instead of coil spring shocks.

It is not Staten, he was #46 that year. The "trick" rear forks were in '75. These are from '76.

RR46.jpg

It's not Kudalski either. He was on a Penton in '77 and didn't ride a Harley until the last race of a four race series at the '78 Florida Winter AMA (from athe best I can tell).

According to MXA he only raced one moto, wrapped up the 500 title and didn't ride the second moto after the Harley 250cc pitched him off hard in the 2nd 250 moto.

So who is it? Still haven't figured it out. I was almost going to pitch the theory that Rex was using a different # in the Trans-AMA but my next post shoots that down.

As a side note, that is Kenny Zart on the Can-Am hugging the inside line.

#49 Factory Harley Davidson's Don Kudalski

Winter_AMA_78_Kudalski_01.jpg

As a side note, that is Kenny Zart on the Can-Am hugging the inside line.

Kenny Zahrt! Wasn't there a story where he jumped the cliff on the first turn of the International Track at Indian Dunes or something like that. I remember seeing a photo of him jumping his bike over his truck wearing wallabies, Levi's, a T-shirt and a Cycle News hat!

Kenny Zahrt was there from the beggining at the first Inter-AMA races. This picture is probably his last year as a pro. Mostly remembered for his Bultaco days. Zahrt the Dart. :cry:

So look'n back at this shot in your original post, the #76 is on a second model of works bike (no bladder's on the fork's). Not quite sure what that means, but obviously had more than one ride. I have yet to see any other Harley rider show up in the overall result's of any race even in the new stack of Dirt Bike Magazine's I found.

:cry: :cry: :cry: