Sign in to follow this  

Rubber Seat Bumpers?

I just got a Suzuki Low Gel Seat and I found out that it didn't come with the rubber bumpers that are on the bottom of the seat. So I had to take them off of my original seat and put them on the new seat.

I had intended to use both seats depending on what type of riding I was going to do. So switching the rubber bumpers back and forth isn't practical.

Does anyone know where I can get more rubber bumpers to put back on my old seat so that I could use it? Ideally it would be nice to get them from a Suzuki seat that is no longer used by someone(worn out, damaged, etc.). Or is there a way to make some replacement bumpers?

Thanks for any help that you can give me. :cry: :cry:

I just got a Suzuki Low Gel Seat and I found out that it didn't come with the rubber bumpers that are on the bottom of the seat.

:cry: Weird,, my new gel seat came complete ready to bolt on.. No swapping of parts needed. I do not see those parts listed separately,,, so, you'll have to find them used, or make your own as far as I can tell :cry:

I'd get hot with the place you bought the seat from...and have them either send you the missing rubbers...or order you in another seat...but that's just me. :cry:

Certain things are a matter of principle...you know? Might help if you show them :cry:...I don't get these places sometimes...but everyone makes mistakes. It's only human, but they should make it right. :cry:

At least for the 2000 "E" model, the bumpers were sold separately by Suzuki. I bought a set. Suzuki sold everything except the pad that holds the CDI in place. You have to make that. I have a set I would sell but hey are same price as new. I complained bitterly to Suzuki about the dumb-asss need to move the bumpers. Maybe they got enough complaints, they started to include the bumpers on the gel seats. The bumpers were always part of the original replacement seat, just not the hi or low gel seat.