Byron Dual Sport

Yes, I did it last year. I've done it for the last several years. I usually ride a vintage bike just to make people laugh - then finish before they do. ? I did cave in and ride my XR400 last year.

It seemed a little tougher last year than years past - but very rideable and fun. I believe there was an Enduro the week before and we rode the same marked course.

It was kinda technical in a few spots; especially the 'hero' section. At the rider's meeting they said that at a certain mileage that the trail would split and the easier section would be marked with pink ribbons. (It was supposed to bypass about two miles of A/AA type trail.) I had a race the next weekend and didn't want to get hurt so I thought I'd try the bypass. I never saw any pink ribbon and soon found myself in the middle of an Expert-type Observed Trials section of trail. I made it with very little trouble. A few didn't. ?

It's a fun ride. I'm 50/50 on if I'm going. I have a race in Alabama the next weekend and very few free ones in between to get bikes ready. Unless it's a perfect day (weather) I may skip it this year.

I did it a few years back on my old 95 620sx ktm......I had a headlight kit for it. It was a fu mix of ope field riding, woods riding with a few logs to cross...no big deal. Could be different now though. It sure was great to eat up those two strokes in the fields with that mighty 620! I might even borrow it from the guy I sold it to for the ride again. No lights on my CRF.

Anyone from Iowa is REQUIRED to have purple fork boots. ?

I've been doing this ride for years and have never had a plate. I'd say a majority never have a plate. I've never even seen a squad car along the route. Even if you do, as long as you're obeying the laws they won't bother you.

Disclaimer - if you get a ticket, it's not my problem. ?

If anyone goes make sure you have a working headlight last year was the first time they really inforced it licence plate or lack of wasent a problem last year there were alot of pissed off riders because if you didnt have a working headlight you were not allowed to start its aprox 35mi you have to be a ama member and it costs about 20 bucks if your not a AMA member you can sign up at the club I think the membership is around 35bucks a year this is a great late season ride. ?

OK, I'll even give you a head start. ?

If my wife knew how much I have invested in the motor of my XR250; I'd be living in a box somewhere. ?

When the bill for the new custom-made Megacycle cam showed up last winter, I made sure I got to the mailbox first. ?