Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust db output on stock DRZ e exhaust?

I can't seem to find that info anywhere? And yes, I did do a search.... Thanks! :cry:

A stock drz exhaust with the air box snorkle removed and the end cap drilled will blow 99 to 100db. At least thats what mine did ...2X. I bought a chrome exhaust pipe extender w/a down turn on the end at the local auto parts store, cut it to size and screwed it on the cap to solve the problem. Haven't been tested yet so don't know what it's blowing now.

I really enjoy my RevLoc. Albeit auto clutches are not for everyone it sure helps me out, especially when the more difficult sections come up. RevLoc or Rekluse are both great auto clutches.

Ref Sound output, a lot of factors can come into play. I have been doing sound testing for our local club and helping the CO 500 with their sound testing. Sound testing results, even with stock systems can vary substantialy due to testing equipment, test conditions, age of the exhaust system, loose mounting bolts, etc. etc. A stock DRZ system should test well below 96 db and much closer to 90 db.

Hope this helps.