Sign in to follow this  

Lost a part off my 05

I was going over all the fasteners on my 05 last night and notice I already lost the collar and screw that the front of the seat slides into. MAKE SURE YOURS IS TIGHT . I have only put 1.2 hours on my bike total. By the way the kick starter bolt was so loose I could spin it by hand.

Its always a good idea to go over your new bike when you get it home. Someone may have had a bad night or day and missed something. I dont like to trust having something fall off I need to land a jump with so I check mine out before riding. Spokes are at the top of my list to check first. :cry:

I found mine in the air box the screw and the collar very lucky after riding all day at welston.

You guys are scaring me :cry: so i just went out and checked the front seat screw and washer. mine was tight,, my kick starter bolt was tight too!! :cry: dont come up with sumptin like the cams loose,,,I'll be dismanteling it!!

I totally tear down the bike and rebuild it before the first ride :cry:

Yeah, I found that one loose right off the bat. Not loose enough to fall off right away, but yeah, I needed to tighten it. :cry:

yeah, that bolt always feels tight but if you don't make it VERY tight, it'll work itself loose.

i also check the rear axle adjustment bolts. the lock nuts are often loose too.

while we're on the topic, don't forget the spokes... tighten after every moto.

On my 03, I lost one of the 4 bolts (2 on each side) of the upper motor mounts (where they are fixed on the frame). I've put some loctite on them now. As for the seat bolt on the gas tank, I've lost one on a 250 CR in the past so I always loctite it.

I am still waiting for the parts to arrive I ordered them a week ago today.

screw: 91422-MT8-770 $2.25

Collar: 17518-KZ4-710 $4.97

Had my kickstarter bolt come loose tightened it and came loose again.Gave that B---h some locktight and good to go.Would suck to loose your kickstarter out in a ride because its very hard to push start in a wash or other bad spot. :cry: