Sign in to follow this  

Exhaust $$$ question...

If the Muzzy pipe gets the same performance as the Yosh pipe, why do people spend the additional 100 bones on the Yosh? I mean really, I understand to some $ is no object, but that's a bunch of scratch...

oops...i was 100 bones off... :cry:

And for all you Kawazuki owners like me, why isn't there more Muzzy pipes out there???

:cry: :cry:

And for all you Kawazuki owners like me, why isn't there more Muzzy pipes out there???

just started making them for the DRZ this past year :cry:

true...but it's been like 20 or so months ago??? :cry:

Muzzy belongs on green...that's just all there is to it...I can understand, somewhat, why so many still put Yosh on the Yellow bikes...I probably would too. 200 Bucks is a pretty strong deterrant though. :cry:

Muzzys

399...full stainless...Muzzy :cry:

499...full stainless...Yosh...

This is the only place i've found muzzy pipes for sale for the Kawazuki KLX400R.

What are you showing for prices on the Muzzy and for the Yosh? Are you comparing a slip on Muzzy to a full system Yosh? I haven't looked for a while, because funds are quickly disapearing on other things, so exhaust will have to wait.

Muzzys

399...full stainless...Muzzy :cry:

499...full stainless...Yosh...

This is the only place i've found muzzy pipes for sale for the Kawazuki KLX400R.

you can get the yosh full stainless for about $416.00 - so its only $20 more...not two hundred. but the Yosh full TI setup is like $650 :cry:

maybe thats what you are comparing it to...but the Yosh stainless is about the same price as the Muzzy :cry:

That's more comparable...but I thought the low price leader was TT, so that's where I got the 100 dollar difference...notice I checked...and changed from a $200 split to a $100 split...OOPS

Where are they 416??? Maybe these guys can get a cheap price from Muzzy too? :cry:

I found the full yosh stainless for 416 but when I'm ready to buy I'll give Brian at the TT store a shot at it first.

Thanks Bronco! Didn't know you rolled one of those! I'll hit 10Guy up for the 411!

I appreciate it!!!

I'm selling my SA 1911 to fund the upgrade... :cry:

good timing for me on this post.i was just looking for a full yosh system.the cheapest i found was &422.68 on parts411.com.can anyone else verify that the muzzy is as good as a yosh..is the only diff.between the ti.& alum.weight & material.any diff.in the oval silencer.

good timing for me on this post.i was just looking for a full yosh system.the cheapest i found was &422.68 on parts411.com.can anyone else verify that the muzzy is as good as a yosh..is the only diff.between the ti.& alum.weight & material.any diff.in the oval silencer.

If bronco says it you can bet its gold...

No, there is more difference than weight with the Ti pipe.. It is a different header design.. Though I have not run one.. Burned has used several of um,,, And does believe there is a power (advantage) difference to the Yosh Ti design.

It also is more susceptible to trail damage do to materials. SO that must be considered on a trail bike.

So when comparing the Muzzy to Yosh, we are talking SS full systems

When talking about Yosh,, you can not compare SS to Ti… it is a different pipe.

the muzzy ti and stainless are the same demension.

the yosh ti is completely different from the stainless.

the yosh ti is "the" pipe.but its big money.

thanks bronco.so you run the muzzy ss w/aluminum canister and are happy w/the results?i'm doing the dynojet & airbox mod.next week on my '04 s and based on what i've read here a pipe is the way to go for increased hp.most systems were too much $$ for me.the $ difference in the ti(even on the muzzy)was allot.the muzzy full system seems like a decent deal.if i know i will have good gains i'm there.just to be clear,is the ti.or ss stronger or should i say better for off roading? thanks, steve

The muzzy ss/al is $372 to your door, pm me for details. For the newbies here, I would rather not post links to retail sites on TT's forums. No matter how I personally feel about the TT store I still don't feel that it is right.

The thing with Ti pipes is that they tend to be thinner and therefore more prone to damage, at least that is what I have been told by people who make them. If you ride mostly on a track or are good enough to rarely crash then they would be the ticket. Unfortunatly I am not that good so I bought the SS/Al combo. I'm also not good enough to be able to utilize the extra power or change in power band with the yosh ti.

While muzzy did run the ama superbike kawasaki program for a while does anyone else remember that yoshimura was really heavy into kawasaki's a long time ago?????

I remember when Yosh and Kaw had a kind of partnership - at least it appeared to be so.

REHH or Steve if you prefer. You seem to be having problems reading your pms. Did you get it figured out? If not go to MY HOME and click on received private messages.