I'm adding a front disc brake to my 2002 XR200

he prolly dont want to buy a new bike if his is only 2 going on 3 years old and by the looks on it he want to hang onto it and do a few cheap bang for your buck mods, but i do have a rear mono thats mint from a 87 with longer travel you will need a new mono or else it will handel like a sportser in dirt, not good. PM me for the mono ill give ya a good deal on it. in mint no leaks, very strong also.

fzrrkid is correct! If you do any upgrade to the front end of your XR you will have to add travel to the rear, or your ride will be like a "Easy Rider Harley."

Be prepared to extend your kickstand by 3 3/4 to 4" just to keep your bike standing up, I had to and I only upgraded to the early model XR200 forks and rear "clicker" shock.

The adjustable rebound/dampening shock that fzrrkid is refering to took care of all of my rear suspension needs and then some. However the up-grade that I made to the front end is now my weak link. I don't want to spend the $$ for emulators and springs and although I had heard of the KX/Disc brake front end upgrade, I am looking for an XR250 "cartrage fork" disc front end (bolt on) to complete my bike just to keep it all Honda.

I may still be swayed toward the KX swap if you give us a good report on how it worked out for you, along with the avalibility of either front ends offered at a decent price on e-BaY ....Karl

Well from the looks of it you guys have been right all the way, I just got the forks yesterday and they look really massive.. i'm not so sure I can get this to work now but anyways here is 2 pics tell me what ya think ...

http://personal.sdf.bellsouth.net/c/3/c3j1s/Forks/forks2.jpg

http://personal.sdf.bellsouth.net/c/3/c3j1s/Forks/forks1.jpg

thanks

Mark

Thank You, 96xr200, I got some bugs to work out but all in all I think it's going to turn out ok.. The fender and number plate mount is a little different but that should be no problem just a minor hassle, still I think others here were right i'm going to have rear mono shock issues but i'll get'em worked out that whats winters for working on the bike.. thanks for checking it out... i'll post more on this site as I get things done..

Mark

I do not plan to add rear disc brakes, I think the monoshock is a bit too short just like fzrrkid said, I may make a bushing insert, or may have to get another year rear monoshock just like earlier suggested.. as you can somewhat see in the pics I pushed the forks all the way up in the trees that took up 1.5 inches so 2.5 is left and like I said I could make a bushing for the rear spring to take up about 2" .. Tonight I plan to swap the spring from a CRF230F see if that works i'll keep you posted ..

Mark

I saw a xr200 on cycletrader.com with rear disk breaks, lotta work in it but not worth the money in the long run, longer travel is worth it, just do whats worth but dont go over board. prolly will look nice when your done. maybe go with a dif color combo red frame or somthing like that?