Sign in to follow this  

Street Legal in Florida

In Florida everything revolves around the "For Offroad Use Only" statement on the MSO. All Japenese bikes have that and you used to be able to register it in VT and convert it to FL. But I believe that is no longer an option. Sell the XR/WR and get a Gas Gas/Husky/Vor/TM/KTM and you won't have that problem.

Where in FL (preferrably close to Gainesville) can I find Gas Gas bikes. How would you say the Gas Gas 450 FSE compares to the DRZ400S? I want it to drive to school, but i still want a competent off road bike.

Phoenix Motorcycle Shop Jim 4101 Northwest 6th St Gainesville FL 32609 352 337 0866

The Gas Gas is considered an exotic and with that it's certainly more expensive compared to a DRZ-S but it comes with trick parts you could purchase aftermarket for the DRZ. The Gas Gas has electronic fuel injection which IMO is a huge bonus over the DRZ.

Performance On Wheels

5205 Frontage Road N

Lakeland, FL 33810

They are good people with good prices. Tell them Scott Stone sent you.

Gas Gas is lighter, more powerful and has far superior standard equipment than the DRZ. The fuel injection and suspension alone are worth more than the price difference.

Before I get flamed by the legions of DRZ riders, the DRZ is a great bike but in my OPINION the Gas Gas is much better.

:cry:

What good does fuel injection serve a floridian who is always at sea level..LOL

Just go to any of the bike forums and search on jetting and imagine all the hassles just gone....

Also, and this was the biggest for me, instantaneous throttle response. Just like a two stroke. No four stroke bog or lag.