Sign in to follow this  

what and where are the best place to ride in MO?or S. IL?

what and where are the best places to ride in MO?

or southern IL?

I grew up in St. Louis, now living in Michigan. going back to my parents place in St. Louis for thanksgiving, and I was going to bring the bikes. I grew up riding all over the bottoms in st. louis county and St, joe state park, and finger lakes. I've read a couple of posts here and in Thumpertalk.com about St.Joe being a Zoo and the hill trails aren't what they used to be.

My 450 EXC is plated looking for good singletrack, ome jumps would be fun What do the Locals recommend? anybody got time to ride?

--------------------

04 450 EXC

98 KX 250

Friends and I have ridin in Potosi which is good trails but not completely legal. There are alot of people that ride the area with no problems from the rangers. St. Joes is still a good place to ride on the weekends as long as you stay in the woods. If we get bored with the existing trails we cut our own.

is that the area that was another tailing retention basin(like St.joe) w/ a minehead across the road?trails through the woods around it. I road at a place 6-7 years ago that was off 67 you turned off at a speedway and followed this road for like 20 miles, don't know the name though

The Potosi District is closed to all OHV use and they do have some stiff fines up to $300.00 if you get caught riding there. You will need to go further south to the Washington District near Viburnum MO. and south to Sutton's Bluff area or east to the Salem District . You can ride any trail marked with a post with 4 numbers on it. You will also need an OHV sticker and they are avalible in Centerville and can be had for the day or year. The trails that you are not to ride will be marked CLOSED. There are miles of gravel roads and trails there, you will need to street legal to ride the gravel roads. Be sure to take a map of the area cause it is easy to get lost!

http://www.fs.fed.us/r9/marktwain/recreation/trails/index.htm