Georgetown Sat 10/23 - ALL Trails were PERFECT in the am

looks like I can ride foresthill friday afternoon with Dom. Now what about Saturday? I was planning an out of area trip that is not happening...so I am staying local and would love to get GT. If the rain stops today AND thursday and friday is dry AND Saturday rain is light.........Georgetown may be open for business on saturday. I will call the ranger on friday and check it out......but typically their rule is two dry days before re-opening the trails.....and thursday and friday may be just that - 2 dry days..........

My fingers are crossed for Sat 10/23 at GT. If that fails then I'll go up to elkins and ride around on Saturday and camp out for the sunday enduro.

somehow if it ain't pouring - I'm riding on saturday. Anyone want to join me at GT 10/23 if it is open saturday? post it up. ? :cry:

all things are looking good. I called the GT ranger station and confirmed their rain closure policy. Once it stops raining they start the 48 hr clock. If no rain in 48 continous hrs then the place is opened up. It's now wednesday evening and The rain has stopped and predicted to stay dry thru friday. We can call the ranger late friday and they will leave the open/closed status for saturday on the phone tape.

the clock has started, I bet we are go by saturday! ?

ok you're on. I won't be home from my friday ride at FH till late but you can call the GT ranger at about 3 pm friday and ask them what the deal is for Saturday. I'll look for your post when I get home probably about 7pm. we can plan it then. I'll have a dirt/mud report from FH too ?

GT ranger phone # for trail status: 530 333 4312

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/currentconditions/ohv.html

if GT is open - we do bald mountain as that area will get snowed in soon.

I may join you if that is OK and GT is open...haven't ridden with you guys before. If I'm not at Mace Mills by 8:30, don't wait for me (didn't expect you would)----I'll be in dark grey GMC P/U with CR250 in the back.

Pete

I just spoke to a woman at the GT ranger station (11:30 am)--she felt confident the area would be open tomorrow, BUT NOT UNTIL ABOUT 10 AM---might be sitting for a bit if arrive at 8:30----as the letter of the law goes....

I just called the Ranger station and they said Georgetown OHV is open now. ? :cry:

8:30 may be a little tight for me, I will try but it may be closer to 9am, if I get up too early now I will wake up Rusty and he will wake up the rest of the house, so I am limited by when I can start making noise without causing too much grief for the wife.

6:25 pm Friday evening. I called the recording. ALL ROCK CREEK OHV trails are OPEN. We ride GT tomorrow. 9:00 am at mace mills. I'll be there by 7:30 to do a loop 3 morning loop. I will return to the staging area by 9:00 am for crashlanding and anyone else who wants to ride.

Guys, NO DUST but that dont mean you have to stay right on each others ass ok. ? :cry: BTW The pine needles have dropped. I just rode foresthill and it was tacky under the pine needles - good dirt. I expect GT to be the same.

If showers start tomorrow, The rangers will NOT close the trail system again till 1.5 inches fall. The rule is after 1.5 inches of rain per storm - then it is closed till a 48 hour dry period which we just had. Tommorrow's rain total will not be near 1.5 inches as it is showers only so they won't close it....... and if by chnace we get a surprize storm and 1.5 inches fall while we are riding then no place would be good and we go home wet.

Have no worrys, GT will be awesome tomorrow, maybe some slick parts, but should be dry enough as the ground is parched and soaking up this rain fast. Bring a light jacket it will be cold in the am and if it rains later on a wind breaker is a good thing that is what I wear in GT showers.

WE RIDE!! ? :cry: ? ca y in the am. I drive a white Tundra and black n blue DRZ.

All right, hopefully we don't get soaked, see you there no later than 9am. ?

I haven't watch the TV weather - what are they saying - RAIN tomorrow? lots? what time will it it? 1000 am like you said? Light showers is one thing but hey if its gonna RAIN then lets shine it on. No reason for you to drive for a rain day. Sunday is clear right?

speaking of clarity. I am going to mace mills tomorrow. rain or shine. 730 am for the morning loop. 9 am for the straglers. Ed you decide for your self. If you make it up here, we''ll ride the wheels off the DRZs. If it starts pourin we'll go home.

but even 2 hours on good dirt is a blast. its been so long I forgot what good dirt is.