Sign in to follow this  

Advice on supply list for new crf450...

Please post a list of items I should have on hand and where some good suppliers where I can purchase.

I assume I'll need oil, but what else?

Thanks!

ill add to that....

grease

extra brake and clutch lever

welcome to TT ! if you trail ride , read below

I ride trails and MX. Look what I have for bike protection in my sig. line (not that I crash a lot but it only took one bad crash to "wake me up").

Don :cry:

Make sure to bring a few pairs of clean undies with you for the first couple rides. :cry: But seriously, get the billy who manfunnel. It makes oil changes a LOT easier. If you have an '05 wait for the new design to come out, as the current model won't fit the new frames. I think he said it will be out in about 3-4 weeks. Oh, and put an hour meter on your bike. I put mine on before even starting it, so I know exactly how many hours are on it and it makes consistent oil changes easy. Oh, and maybe an exhaust plug to use when washing it. You don't want water in your silencer. :cry: My next purchase will be a ZipTy fuel screw. If your bike is anything like mine, you will definitely need to adjust it. Having done this, I can see where this ZipTy could be really handy.

I buy a lot of Race Ready Airfilters and a box a oil filters that is really cheap so i can change them often. The engine is more important than the appearance.

To tell you the truth, after all the research I have done, I am running the Rotella T 15-40 conventional oil on the engine side. Yeah, maybe syn oils that cost a ton more may go a hair longer before break down, but I have an hour meter and will change the oil religiously, every 3-4 hours. At this rate, I will not pay the high price of the syn oils, and am willing to bet that I am just as well protected at my service intervals. That being said, I am running Valvoline 10w-40 fourstroke motorcycle oil in the tranny ($2.79/qt @ local Autozone). I know, the same Rotella would probably be fine in the tranny too, but I just feel better running a JASO rated oil in the clutch. Plus, it doesn't cost that much more that it will break the bank, either. :cry: