Sign in to follow this  

Starvation Ridge update 10/20/04

The 24 hours of Starvation Ridge is alive and well!

Someone is spreading a rumour that the 24hr is rained out and cancelled.

Not to mention we are a week and a half away and the ground is dry 4 inches down and our 10 day forecast is for clouds and showers, I think they are a little premature.

We finished laying out the course Tuesday and the county will GPS on Thursday.We will be around 15 miles in length, lots of new grass track, lots of new STUFF!

Running through the barn, 180 degree corner around a blazing fire pit, rock patches, creek crossings, more jumps, more rocks, a 100 yard long ditch to run through. Did I mention more rocks? :cry:

The old course is hacked up into short segments, there will be 3 loops coming by the pits, lots of good stuff.

And little or no dust! Mud maybe, but no dust.

I sent out pre-entry notifications, class numbers and general rules yesterday. Sorry for getting them out late. I can e-mail the word document if anyone wants it.

The main rule is MY DECISION IS THE LAST WORD ON ALL ISSUES! We will disqualify course cutters, bump sandbaggers, etc. If you can't abide with my totalitarian decisions, STAY HOME! Anyone that wants a refund before the race will get it.

Thanks for the update Scoot!

15 miles laps? If I remember correctly, last year, they were 12.

How many teams have registered, so far, by class?

:cry:

I suck in the mud.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

this sounds more technical than last year, I like that! I will take the mud over the dust any day! bring on the mud!

Bring the mud, the dust, rocks, sand, bumps, humps, jumps, creeks. I dont care, I just want a big trophy for me and my team. GO "ON THE PIPE RACING" :cry:

GO "ON THE PIPE RACING"

If we can get Mitch to speak up, Team ON THE PIPE has spoken!

First.

I hope that is a sign of things to come.

GO "ON THE PIPE RACING"

I think this whole "on the pipe" thing requires some clarification.......... :cry: :cry:

Thanx Scott! I am so looking forward to this.

BTW, are there going to be lighting vendors there like last year?

here's kelly "smokin the pipe" on his husky, he uses this technique frequently against his competition. I've tried to tell him it's just his bike overheating, but he calls it a "feature".

100_0252.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

It sounds like Trail Tech, Cyclops, and Lightforce will be there.Baja Designs won't return my calls, so they don't seem interested at all for some reason, this year. :cry:

here's kelly "smokin the pipe" on his husky, he uses this technique frequently against his competition. I've tried to tell him it's just his bike overheating, but he calls it a "feature".

100_0252.jpg

:cry: :cry: :cry:

OK, the secret is out, that’s me on my way to my third overall win in the world ISDE and I use a smoke machine from my rocker days as my secret weapon. It uses KTM200’s for fuel as they provide a lot of smoke as do the riders that ride them (trav blows smoke up you’re a$$ with outstanding accuracy).

hey scott,

this event being on halloween, how about a prize for the best costumed rider?

There is a $100 prize for the best dressed TEAM that they race in, not just walk the pits. :cry:

Woohoo! I cant wait.

Im driving 1400 miles round trip towing my big arse trailer to come play. Im actually driving 600 miles round trip on Monday to have the 6 speed installed in the KTM, then driving 700 miles Thursday to come up the Washinton. My wife says Im nuts.....YEP :cry: :cry: Everyone be sure to come by and say hey!!

CISCO

Cisco... When you're at the race, look me up. We can compare KTM's and elbows.

Scott-

I am assuming that there will be alot more families there this year with it being halloween and all. What are the chances of setting up a small pee wee course for the kids to play on. I know my son and daughter will be itchin to ride. I have seen similar "kids" tracks at other places like Goldendale. Parents are responsible for the kids and no kid is allowed to ride without a parent or some type of supervision.

So how about it. With everything else you have going on do you have time to carve out a small track to let the kids burn off some energy or is this just a bad idea?

Just throwing out a suggestion..... :cry:

Normally we have a place for the little guys. For this race, I'm using every bit of course and trail I can connect together to get the mileage we're looking for. We don't have anything for the little guys&gals. We definitely don't want them riding around in the pits, which takes up some of the area we let them run in.For this race, I'm going to have to say no.

GPS'ed the course yesterday, ended up a little over 15 miles.