Sign in to follow this  

The RHC powered beast

Okay well I finally had some time to get the motor back in the bike. I still have a lot of small things to hook up as you can see but the hard part is done. Yesterday I installed the JE high comp piston, put the head on and degreed the billet 208 cam to 107.5 :cry: I know some of you don't remember my earlier post about the motor so I will go over what I have done so far. My original plan was just to do the RHC head and cam but then I got a little excited and went all out. So currently the motor has a JE 12.5:1 piston kit, all stainless valves, Ferrea race valve spring kit (the new batch), RHC billet 208 camshaft, competition valve job, ported head, and RHC bored carb with matching intake port on the head. I also went ahead and split the cases to inspect everything and install a Baja Design wide ratio tranny. Hopefully I will finish up putting the stator back in, hooking up the cables, putting the side cases back on etc so I can start it up and start breaking it in :cry: I can't wait to feel the power of this thing :cry:. I had the side covers, valve cover and water pump cover all powdercoated gloss black to give it that one of a kind Chrome/RHC signature look :cry: Here's a few pics of the current status.

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

Thats a thing of beauty. One thing, though. You gotta find some euro mirrors instead of those 1970 models. It really looks great. Good job.

I see your signature says 60 hp, have you dyno'd it, or is that a guess(even at a guess your probably close), just curious.

It's hard to see in the pics but I see the RHC aluminum part coming off the carb. Does that mate up to the stock airboot? And then what, a K&N filter inside the airbox? Or a regular foam stock type filter?

Do you have oversize valves or stock sizes?

Do you happen to know if JE makes a big bore piston... I want to make mine 500cc (or whatever is available) since I race Vet and I'm not limited to 450cc's. With all the failures I've been seeing in the Supermoto pits lately I want to go with JE and stay away from Wiesco.

I know how that thing is going to run...I have the same engine mods but no carb mod...that thing is gonna scream!

You are going to need a longer swingarm, cuz that thing is gonna wheelie for miles under power.... :cry:

I want it. How much for all the mods? ONe thing be careful . with all the powder coating the engine will run way hotter.A guy here did powder coat thing and it made his bike boil over real bad. He was able to use the better radiator cap and it cooled it down significantly.Just something to keep an eye out for.

Chris, if you want to run an airboot into the airbox, get a boot from the LT500 Quadracer...it fits right up. All you have to do is mate the K&N filter up to it and it will look stock. I will get you the part# for the K&N. Tdub

Thanks for all the compliments guys :cry:. It is now 12:34am here and I just finished putting it all back together and I fired it up. This thing has ridiculous compression now. It about broke my foot when it got caught at tdc :cry:. Oh well, I guess I'll have to get used to it. Greg, the carb does have a velocity stack on it but is not hooked to anything right now. I cut the boot off my airbox and just have the carb opening exposed for now. Tryce, if you could find that part number for that filter that would be great. I think I am going to try to retain the whole airbox but gut the inside out and just use the K&N inside of it. Tomorrow I will actually be able to take it out and ride it. I couldn't keep it running too long a minute ago because its late and my neighbors wouldn't be too thrilled :cry: