Sign in to follow this  

europeans must really suck at supercross or something

"Mike Brown made a winning return to Europe with victory in the Sheffield Supercross ahead of new CAS Honda teammate Josh Coppins."

story from MXLarge.com

Brown is to contest the MX2 World and British Championships next season and showed his intent with a gate to flag win in the pro open class in front of 6,000 fans at the Hallam FM Sheffield Arena.

American Brown took the win after being kept honest by teammate Coppins, as Australian Kim Ashkenazi took a distant third place. Ashkenazi took the holeshot from Coppins and Brown, but the new teammates quickly forced their way past and it was Brown who had the lead by the second lap.

"It's my first race for the team and everything has gone well," said Brown.

Having raced in Britain before for Honda, Brown is looking forward to a successful bid for world and British titles.

"This is one of the better teams over here (in Europe) and I'm here to win titles. I'm here to take the British title and the world title, I'm here to win."

i guess even an old washed up american is faster than a fresh young european. :cry:

Europeans suck at SX. A well known fact :cry: We have good enduro riders though, whooped your arses at the 03 I6DE! :cry: (Dunno if the 04 has even been yet).

Yeah, we got smoked by the Europeans this year at ISDE Poland, nothing new. Kurt Caselli is the only offroad guy that is on the same level as the top Europeans right now.

watch this video and see how bad the french suck at it. they cant go 5 feet with getting somebody to help them out of a jam. Been that way forever, still is. :cry:

http://www.toolenduro.com.site.hmt-pro.com/Media/video/mauriac.wmv

Dude, those guys really have NO trail sence at all. :cry: Can't pick a line, can't judgeterrain, have zero ballance or control. :cry: I'm a novice at best and feel confident at saying I could SMOKE these guys. If just being able to stay upright. :cry: :cry:

watch this video and see how bad the french suck at it. they cant go 5 feet with getting somebody to help them out of a jam. Been that way forever, still is. :cry:

Not commenting on the video, but I would like to suggest that a certain Jean-Micheal Bayle(yeah a French guy) might have been a fairly adequate MX/SX rider in his day.

<font color="navy">That video was great, especially the scenes in the stream. I've gone through similar terrain when trail riding, but wouldn't want to do that as part of a race!

I like hearing "Cherry Picker" Brown thump his chest now that Bubba, Ricky and Chad are nowhere to be seen "I'm here to win". Yeah, blah blah blah, couldn't cut it in US 250 SX so why not go beat up on a bunch of low level Uropes. I bet he gets hurt and doesn't even finish the season. (that's what usually happens when they start flappin the jaw big).

:cry:

I like hearing "Cherry Picker" Brown thump his chest now that Bubba, Ricky and Chad are nowhere to be seen "I'm here to win". Yeah, blah blah blah, couldn't cut it in US 250 SX so why not go beat up on a bunch of low level Uropes. I bet he gets hurt and doesn't even finish the season. (that's what usually happens when they start flappin the jaw big).

When we had freezing rain before the start of the 2002 Pontiac Supercross, Mike Brown was the only rider willing to hang out (outside!) with the spectators. He gained mega points with me and my son. He's been riding a looong time and still kicks a$$. Unless you can beat him, let him talk trash!

Dan.

When we had freezing rain before the start of the 2002 Pontiac Supercross, Mike Brown was the only rider willing to hang out (outside!) with the spectators. He gained mega points with me and my son. He's been riding a looong time and still kicks a$$. Unless you can beat him, let him talk trash!

Dan.

I can appreciate what you say.

I used to be a Mike Brown fan in the past but his comments when Bubba hit the scene kinda rubbed me the wrong way. I could never understand how someone could go so fast on a 125 and get on a 250 and just totally suck. Barely even qualify and get beat by guy's he would chew up and spit out on a 125.

Plus the fact that he never would move up to the 250 class outdoors and kept pick'n at the 125 class bugs me too.

Yes, he is fast, but you would have thought he learned to let his riding do the talking by now.

just my .02$

The euros at the sx probably won't be in contantion for a world championship. We'll see what happens against some real riders.

cool video. Did you see the 2 wheel drive Yamaha mid way through? Cool.

I'm not big Mike Brown fan either, I think is a dirty rider. It's nice to hear he is loyal to his fans though.

You guys are right, he should have said "I'm here to lose". How dare he make such a brash statement. You know, where he shows no disrespect to any other rider and just some positivity towards the coming season. What a sh#t talker!

Jeez, get real.

Me and my MX buddy's always had a saying for when a pro starts talking $h!t.

"Letting the Jeannie out of the bottle". :cry: