Sign in to follow this  

just picked my new toy up

just picked the crate containing my new rmz250 k5. havent had chance to put it together, i just got it out the crate and into the shed. ill check everything 2mrw and break it in. ill keep an eye on the valves.

any firt mod suggestions?

Bars!!! Also, in a race, my bike tipped over slightly and bent the radiator... maybe some radiator guards. Chain also stretches.

I wouls say exhaust too. That really woke my bike up. Once I put the slip-on on the power band felt like a YZ250F. Try to set the suspension up too.

i just ordered some pro tapers bars, chain, and some ally extras.

whats the recomended pipe? my supplyer has white brothers-E series, fmf power4, fmf power titanium and pro circuit ti-4.

i just put it all together but as i was putting the oil in, it seemed to fill up real quick, then when i fired here up there was oil coming out the overflow pipe??

it says to put 1.5L in but i only managed to get about 1L.

do they come with some allready in?

Yes they do have oil in them already. I think you should dump all the oil that is in it and start over, so you know how much is in it. Your's takes 1.5l, I think my '04 takes less than that.

the chain stretches a lot, you have to tighten it pretty much every ride, u might squeeze in 2 if your lucky. Get some aftermarket bars (twinwalls are nice), I wouldn't change the exhaust until you get used to the bike so you at least know how it compares to a stocker.

1001484.jpg

1001489.jpg

aint gonna bother with an exhaust just yet, i've ordered some pro tapers, few titanium bits, grips, bar pad, new filters, oil, rethal r1 non-oring chain.

Do u have a part # and price on that new chain? Its time for me to get one...

PM me if u wish. Thanks