Sign in to follow this  

Chuckie108's Del Mar report

Well fella's. it's been awhile since I've posted anything good so I made an effort to notice as much interesting stuff as possible- I hoep some of you find this stuff interesting.

Our race report- Darryl didn't ride as well as he likes, and he won't make any excuses for himself, but the 5 guys in front of him were on really fast machinery. He ended up 6th but a ways back. We were both frustrated but we've regrouped and we're trying to improve for Vegas. The first thing Darryl did Monday morning was call B Boz so they could start trainging. Darryl REALLY wants to win. Enough with that stuff, here is some tid bits from the weekend.

I went to the KTM race shop Firday to pick up the bike, I had to change a clutch so they let me work in the race shop for an hour or two. All I can say is Kunzal and Nicoll have some serious support. Both guys have mechanics from Austria prpeing their bikes and they get new motors ever race. We're talking fully tweaked 610's too. I glanced at the intake ports on one of Kunzal's motors and the thing is built- and fast. The dude is hella fast but good equipment doesn't hurt either.

Gary Trachy was on the gas and dicing with Chisum all through the main(again) and the result was Gary 8th and Chiz on the ground. I don't know how Chis went down but he woesn't a happy guy. I do know that Gary is the cleanest racer out thereso I'm sure it was just good racing. Big kudos to Gary for getting his best national result so far! Jut think, he finished 8th against some of the fastets mofo's on planet earth. Something to be proud of for sure.

Somehow Gary's teammate, Brandon Currie didn't even make the main. I don't know what happened but the dude is way to quick to miss the main. Maybe home race gitters? Having your girlfriend there will do that to ya. :lol::cry:

David Baffaluef was hauling! He brought his built motors with him this week from France and it was paying off, He was faster than Kunzal in the first qualifing sesion of the unlimited! His motor looks really trick. It has a radical oil cooling system that comes off the oil filters and runs up to an oil cooler that is literally 1/2 the size of the radiator! :cry: I've never found anyone who likes the berringer brake set up with the solid rotor but Daveed swears by it and runs it deep into the corners so it definately works for him.

Ben Carlson is the coolest racer I have ever met. He works hard, has a great attitude, and always gives it 100%. He's now on the short list of guys I root for. It refreshing to run into quality people like that. Then again the percentage of quality people involved in SuMo seems much higher than all the other activities I'm involved in.

The HMC team is a really cool group to be a part of. Mitch Hansen is basically just a big race fan who is there for the love of it and Elliot the Mechanic busts his ass 24-7 basically for the love of it as well. He's one hell of a mechanic too. These guys don't get near the respect they deserve from soem of the other "teams" in the pits.

If it wasn't for the TLD team, SuMo would be hurting. This teams really gives our sport some much needed hype.

Red Bull buzzed the track with a Mig Jet! It was sick. It was the mig's they used in the late 50'6 and 60'd, the one that looks like an F86 sabre. I thought was a really cool deal and it totally fits Red Bull's gorilla marketing style! Thank god Red Bull is helping our sport as well!!!

Doug Henry and Jeff Ward are just plain Bad Ass! 'nough said.

Doug Chandler was there but I didn't think he looked that good. I guess he was having motor problems all day and the thing, I think, finally let go at the end of the day.

The attendance looked decent to me, but not spectacular. I'm sure the weather played a part in this, but I didn't hear or see one advertisement for the event anywhere. These "promoters" need to get a dictionary out and read what "promoter" means. The only race that has had any promotion that I can see is Reno and 17,000 people showed up.

Mad Marche got the total rock star treatment from Red Bull this weekend, and he didn't even hook a brother up with a free Red Bull, key chain, or anything. Dude, as Trump would say- "your'e Fired!" :lol:

EJW came out to hang with the boys- everyone was pumped to see his mug around. He should joining me on the "come back tour" the day after Vegas. Is it possible to have a come back tour in a sport that is only 2 years old?

The track looked really fun with the spectator bridge and all. The dirt section was really good as well. Some of the riders I talked to didn't like it because it didn't have a "good flow", but I thought it looked like fun.

The Husky team needs to invest in Electric starters, or a shoe sponser because they were doing alot of pushing. They looked like me at Nashville! :cry:

The Utopia girls were fun to watch all weekend. I'm sure Supermoto team should have some photos! Get 'em on here Brett!

SMR Scott was racing and looking good too. Again, another bro living like a rock star, while I'm working on a KTM! :lol::cry:

Pursley was riding for the "on the edge" race team but this weekend was back over pitting with the "Fat Boy Racing" team semi trailer, as in semi usuable! :cry::lol: That thing is ugly!

I already posted about Burkhart, dude is also in the Bas Ass category.

That's it for now, If you have any specific questions about the weekend or the riders- fire away

The Utopia girls were fun to watch all weekend. I'm sure Supermoto team should have some photos! Get 'em on here Brett!

LOL, I don't want to offend anyone, but they looked like a bunch of unemployed strippers to me :cry::cry::cry:

I took pictures of the best-looking women at the races, in my opinion (you all know what opinions are like), and you can see them right here:

Players and Rock Stars

Uhhh....OK, here's just one :cry:

KG8U6493.jpg

:cry:

Brett

Ouch, Chuckie's stompin' on my grapes!!! It's a good thing that he works for the family business, it must have taken him an hour to create that post!! :cry: If he worked for a someone else, he would get FFFIIIIRRREEEDDDDDDDDD. Chuckster, I will hook you up with all the free Red Bull you can drink when you come to Vegas! :cry:

And yes, Red Bull did treat me very nicely... like I was almost a somebody at the Del Mar race. I have posted a picture below of a shot from the hospitality balcony they had set up for us to watch the race from.

[image]ftp://ftp.stdlitho.com/SNVSM/DelMarAMA.jpg[/image]

Marche- hey brother, I'm just giving you some tough love for the fun of it. :cry: :cry: As far getting fired- did you notice what time I posted that? 12:50- it didn't take me and hour, it took me 50 minutes- of my lunch hour! :cry: Bring it on Trump!! :cry: I can't wait to get those free Red Bulls! :cry:

Awesome review. I think the weather scared a lot of people away. But not me, I knew it would work out. Talk about timing, as soon as the final ended, it started sprinkling again. I took my girlfriend to this even to see her first real supermoto race. She was hooked. Specially after she saw the one bike catch fire.

Whats with girls and danger?! I'll never get it :cry:

I took my girlfriend to this even to see her first real supermoto race. She was hooked. Specially after she saw the one bike catch fire.

Hopefully the next race won't bore her too much after she realizes that the bikes don't catch fire every race. But then again, maybe just a plain old crash will do...eventually she might come to appreciate the excitement of the racing in itself.

Somebody must have picture of this fire.

Chuckie that was a great report, where is the TT party in Vegas? :cry::cry:

Somebody must have picture of this fire.

Chuckie that was a great report, where is the TT party in Vegas? :cry::cry:

HMMMMMM... :cry: Let me try to get something going for Friday night at Bally's. Maybe we could all meet at one of their bars in the evening. What do you guys think? :cry:

Shogo, a Japanese Photoguy and good friend said he got about a 15 frame picture series of #6 "burnout"! He is going to send them to me as soon as he gets them developed.

I'm up for something like that, you being the local Marche, why don't you name the spot. :cry:

Thanks to all for the positive feedback! I'll take a camera with me to vegas for all the poor souls who don't get to go.

I took my girlfriend to this even to see her first real supermoto race. She was hooked. Specially after she saw the one bike catch fire.

Hopefully the next race won't bore her too much after she realizes that the bikes don't catch fire every race. But then again, maybe just a plain old crash will do...eventually she might come to appreciate the excitement of the racing in itself.

She was just overall excited about being there. She understands why I love the sport so much now. It's just not the same on the TV or through pictures. My favorite comment she made was "I didn't know dirtbikes could do that!" :cry: