Sign in to follow this  

Got the xr250's top speed today

I used my friends handheld GPS and it records your top speed. Well my bike has the godrons mods, the baffle out, snorkle out, and rejetted. It topped out at 66.1mph, 1.1mph higher than i had thought it went. so im happy :cry:

Work on it some more. It should be more like 75mph. I have had mine up to 78 to 82 mph.

Depending on mods,

Dwight

Ive had my 2001 XR250 up to 85mph. Down hill :cry:

Though thats in Australia with the 40 tooth rear sprocket.

dwight, with stock gearing? I thought the top speed was around 65 with stock gearing? sure we are talking about an xr250? what mods have you done to make it go that fast?

Sorry, how is the question directed to? Me or Dwight? Probly Dwight, cause thats what u said at the start?

Yea we are talking about the 250, it did take a while to get up to 85mph, absolutly reving its guts out! going down a hill with a tail wind! That 6th gear helps alot!

I had my 1990 XR250 up to 140 km/h which is about 85 mph. All you need is the right gearing, plenty of revs and a looong staight!! :cry:

dwight, with stock gearing? I thought the top speed was around 65 with stock gearing? sure we are talking about an xr250? what mods have you done to make it go that fast?

I'm with Dwight, I've had a stock geared XR250 up to 75. 65 seems pretty low.

My rev monster of an XR will do a bit over 80. :cry:

Whats an XR426 with 15/48 gearing going to do? Just curious, as I've had it going pretty good in 5th before, and was wondering my approxmiate speed.

On the XR650R group on Yahoo a member made a speed vs gearing Excel spreadsheet. It came with numbers for an XR650R, but with the gear ratios it can easily be changed for any other bike. The owners manual used to have the transmission ratios in it (mine does); cant say about the new ones though.

When my 2002 xr250 was bone stock (and still corked) i had a friend pace me in my truck. I got up to 68 on a flat road and still had revs to spare. I wanted to peg it, but I chickened out - I ran out of road.

You're all hoodlums and hooligans, all of you!

Breaking the speed limit like that... :cry:

Gearing matters a lot in determining top speed. My KTM with 13/52 gearing tops out at "only" 80. My xr250 at about 65-70. Not sure why this matters since 90% of my riding is below 40mph anyways.

This morning I got my stock-geared,Gordon-mod'd 250 up to 72 or so, mighta gone a little faster but I lost interest (READ: got skeered) at that point!

This was using the new ATK speedo that it seems we all jumped on.

mine does 140kmh also, jap import. And thats totally corked up! Although it starts to weave at about 130, quite worrying, lol :cry:

Stock gearing, Slightly larger carb, big bore kit. I have had my 270 up to 78mph, I had a 285 up to 82. My 300+s would do about 78mph.

UNI FILTER, REJET, Modified snorkle not removed, NO BACKFIRE SCREEN. 1983 ATC250 exhaust diffuser.

Cher'o,

Dwight

Hey Guys..... I am running a 50 tooth on the rear.

Edelbrock/280 kit... I am suffering on the Blacktop...

Shoule I go back to the 48 ar all of the way to the 45.

what Kind of speeds could I expect with each ???

I am afraid I will loose all of my low end with the 45

:cry: