Sign in to follow this  

Delaware enduro info

Here's what we got.

87 ground miles

long resets

9 miles is the longest section

4-6 miles for the rest of the sections

1st rider due in at 1:37pm

keytime is 7am i think we set back clocks so don't forget!

Meals will be provided at the fire hall sat night and sunday camping at the armoury.

www.delawareenduroriders.com

Mark

Sounds good i'll be there. Talked to some other DER riders & they said the course is much better this year.

Actually alot better. Also we made it shorter with significantly longer resets so that all beginners can get a break in between sections. Hope you all make it out.

Mark

Will the course run through Blue Diamond in the morning again. That was a cool part getting to hit some jumps in an enduro.

Yes, you will be racing through it once. Then i think in a second time will be freetime through it bringing y ou into a gas available.

Mark

BFS,

Did you ride the enduro on Sunday? What did you think?

I ran it and it sucked. This was the first race in 20 years that I couldn't finish. I was told that it was a "real mans race" and quit complaining, that it was a typical DE Enduro. The rundown I read of the race said that there was to be NO MUD, and B and C rider friendly. That was totally misleading. I have been riding a long time and I have never had less fun riding than this past Sunday. I made it almost 70 miles and I'll bet that 65 of it was without my feet on the pegs cause the ruts were so deep and greasy that you had to steer the bike with your feet. Kudos to those that finished but that flat out sucked. This was my 5th ride on my new 200exc and I probably put a years worth of stress on my motor trying to get through that slop. I really feel like I was fed a line of crap to get me there and get my money be the DER. And for the excuse that they gave that they couldn't control the weather Sat night, that was crap too, swamps never dry out, that why they are called swamps. They knew full well what kind of land they routed a course through when they were cutting trail and chose not to disclose it. I raced Budds Creek the week before IN THE RAIN, and it was better than the DE Enduro. Sorry DER but I wont be back, the only section that was fun was on the other side of the ST. Georges bridge. To all readers, this was my personal opinion and please dont take offense to my writings. Let the flaming begin.

How do you like the 200 exc so far? What made you move down from the 450?

I absolutely love my new bike, its about 60 pounds lighter and alot more agile in the tight stuff that I regularly ride. It is less tiring too because it is very tame off of idle and very fast with a wick of the clutch. I just needed a smaller bike to be faster. Sometimes I miss the power in wide open spots but they are so few and far between that I try not to think about it. I always thought as a kid that a "big" bike is what made you fast, but when you only weigh 140 pounds, its a little hard to get 50 horsepower to the ground when its not "manicured" track loam. :cry:

All the delaware events are known for slick greasy soil even when dry!! And if there wasn't 3 plus inches of rain sat before the enduro it would have ben a diffrent ride. This is ENDURO so suck it up Ride :cry:

Its not about sucking it up, if you like wallowing in the mud like a pig, have fun. I said "I" wouldnt be back, I didn't say anything about anyone else enjoying it. The advertising for it was very misleading. When "I" ride, I like to get both feet on the pegs once in a while. If you like the mud, by all means go back next year and have a ball. I'll be over in Jersey or up in the Poconos actually maintaining some sort of speed and adrenaline, after all thats why I ride, If I wanted a to creep through the woods and swamps I would bring a set of binoculars and hip waders and do some bird watching. :cry: