Sign in to follow this  

Hanebrink KLX110 Swingarm

Tell me everything about it. Is it worth it? How is the quality? Can I use it with the Works Performance Shock I have right know? Any problems with it?

I dont want to pay 500 bucks for a TBR one. Seems kinda silly. 375 sounds much more reasonable.

Thanks, Chris King.

Nice quality.

The shock was not approved by the manufacturer (FOX) to be used in this application, so warranty issues are problematic.

Only short-travel shocks will work in this high leverage-ratio application - the supplied FOX unit is from a BMX bike! Therefore, your Works Perf shock will not fit/work.

Customer service does not get high marks.

There are other single-shock swingarms out there (Bigminis, BBR) that have (IMHO) better engineering/attention to detail that the Hanebrink unit.

Good luck!

Dan.

We also have the Hanbrink swingarm but they sent us a Risse shock. It is a bmx shock very small, seems to work ok. It did take me a few hours to put the swingarm and shock on bike, due to the fact everything needed shimming poor instructions came with it. I would like to change to a disk brake on the rear, but that will be another all day project.

I have not heard good things about the Hanebrink set up either :cry: I have the Big Mini's rear end kit on my KLX110. It consist of the swing arm, rear wheel with disc brake, and shock :cry: It is very trick. But you can install the swing arm alone w/out the rest. Check out Big Mini's swing arm before buying anything else. They are by far the most awsome set up out ther (I think) Go to WWW.BIGMINI'S.COM I don't know how to post a pic. on here, but if you send me a PM I will email you some pic's. Good luck.